Eisai Inc. was established in 1995 and began marketing its first product in the United States in 1997. Since then we have rapidly grown to become a fully integrated pharmaceutical business. Eisai’s areas of commercial focus include neurology, gastrointestinal disorders and oncology/critical care. The company serves as the U.S. pharmaceutical operation of Eisai Co., Ltd., a research-based human health care (hhc) company that discovers, develops and markets products throughout the world.
Eisai has a global product creation organization that includes U.S.-based R&D facilities in Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina and Pennsylvania as well as manufacturing facilities in Maryland and North Carolina. The company’s areas of R&D focus include neuroscience; oncology; vascular, inflammatory and immunological reaction; and antibody-based programs.
Eisai recognizes that we are the Company’s greatest asset. To this, Eisai is committed to providing us an enabling and empowering work environment that allows us to grow and thrive. In our diverse organization, we adhere to a strict commitment to our values of Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, Quality and Teamwork. We therefore invite you to explore this job opportunity or any others that may match your qualifications and interests.
The primary role of the Associate Scientist, Bioanalytical and DMPK is a highly qualified multi-disciplinary team-oriented researcher with emphasis in the area of cell-based permeability, drug transport and disposition with experience in bioanalytical and laboratory automation technologies. The major role of this position would be responsible for developing bioanalytical methods and conducting in vitro ADME studies to support discovery projects. Additional duty will include workflow logistics, such as interaction with internal/external collaborators, prepare paperwork, sample/compound shipment, track study status, review data and upload data into database.
* Develop bioanalytical methods for in vitro ADME studies and in vivo study samples using LC-MS/MS. Operate and maintain instruments independently with adequate ability of troubleshooting.
* Analyze and report Pharmacokinetic data from in house PK or PD studies.
* Conduct various in vitro ADME experiments, including but not limited to cell-based permeability and P-gp substrate screen using MDCK/LLC-PK1/Caco-2 cells, metabolic stability studies using microsomes and/or hepatocytes, CYP inhibition/TDI, plasma protein binding, and reaction phenotyping.
* Analyze raw data and report relevant parameters for in vitro DMPK assays in a timely fashion.
* Communicate research results to supervisor, process data, summarize in report format and upload into database in a timely manner.
* Maintain laboratory notebook and complete all documentation according to the standard operating procedures.
* Involve in comprehensive mechanistic ADME studies and author scientific manuscript for publication purpose as needed.
* Maintain smooth workflow with internal/external collaborators. Prepare paperwork, sample/compound shipment, track study status, review data and upload data into database.
* Monitor studies, review and QC data at external CRO partners.
* B.S. in Biology, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or other related field
with over 3 years’ experience or M.S. with 0-2 years of experience in industrial
or relevant field.
* Hands-on experience with cell culture /aseptic
techniques is a must.
* Experience in using non-compartmental PK analysis is
* Experience and knowledge with in vitro ADME studies and analytical
techniques (UPLC/HLPC and Triple Quad/TOF Mass Spectrometry).
* Familiar with
laboratory automation (Hamilton) and liquid handling equipment is a plus.
Familiar with standard data analysis software packages used in the industry such
as Excel, GraphPad, Phoenix or other similar software packages.
with electronic notebooks.
* Mechanistic DMPK knowledge background is a
* Ideal candidate should be someone who is self-motivated, eager to
explore and learn new skills, and is able to work productively in a team
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Here at Eisai, we are rewarded with highly competitive salaries, incentive awards, a comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Prescription and Vision Plans) 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Disability Insurance, and other great programs.
Eisai is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company also strives for a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. It is Eisai’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination in employment and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of any protected status, including, but not limited to, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, ancestry, creed, alienage or citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Eisai is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet from tblHiringOrgDefaults<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://eisai.contacthr.com/70799613.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: