NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation’s top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Position Summary: We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Associate Research Scientist.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for conducting research in the area of neuronal endocytosis and exocytosis. The Associate Research Scientist will be involved in engineering recombinant proteins with unique and specified characteristics as neuron-targeted delivery vehicles.
* Generates hypotheses and designs and performs experiments to test them.
* Executes multiple experiments simultaneously over time independently.
* Records all experimental findings in a laboratory notebook, analyze and interpret experimental findings.
* Based on results, independently suggests and tests modifications to protocols.
* Prepares figures and diagrams for presentations and publications.
* Communicates results and collaborates with other professionals in the lab.
* Demonstrates a significant level of intellectual input into the design of the project.
* Presents findings at lab meeting, responds to challenges, and participates in exchanges of ideas to advance the science.
* Reads and understands relevant scientific literature.
* Contributes to the preparation of articles on research outcomes and progress and to the submission of same for publication.
* Participates in the editing and proofing of grant proposals, annual grant reports, and manuscripts for publication and recommends modifications to the Principal Investigator.
* After a period of time working in the laboratory, the candidate will be expected to train graduate students and post-doctoral fellows in experimental design, technique and performance.
Minimum Qualifications:To qualify you must have a MS in Biomedical or Physical Sciences with at least one year of experience.
Knowledge in molecular cloning, protein expression, protein purification, protein chemistry, protein conjugation, labeling and quantification, as well as chromatographic technique (affinity, ion, FPLC, gel filtration, TLC and HPLC), cell culture, in vitro and in vivo studies, enzymatic assays, Western blotting and immunoprecipitation.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization. NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents .NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online. If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://nyu.contacthr.com/73760917.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: