University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf – Center for Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine – Department of Anesthesiology
Associate Professorship – Experimental Anesthesiology
The appointment (index number: FK03-244/2) will be at the rank of an Associate Professor, and will commence after successful evaluation for a duration of five years.
Working on the pulse of time. In a compressed cosmos that is constantly changing. An environment in which you can make a difference yourself. Because it gives you the freedom to rethink and change things.
What we can offer
The position will be integrated in a highly collaborative and vibrant scientific environment. The successful candidate will benefit from access to world-class technology platforms, pioneering in single cell technology, genomics, metabolomics and proteomics as well as advanced stem cell, organoid and humanized disease model systems. The University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf provides excellent infrastructure available to the candidate, including advanced imaging facilities, drug-screening platforms, technology transfer opportunities and clinical research units offering access to clinical cohorts and biomaterial for translational research.
Job description/area of responsibility
Experimental research in Anesthesiology: Successful candidates will be expected to initiate and lead an outstanding, innovative, independent and competitive research program in the field of Anesthesiology, Pain medicine and Neuroanaesthesia. Candidates are expected to obtain independent funding to grow and sustain their research program.
To strengthen translational research the successful candidate is expected to present a strong translational mindset and corresponding research agenda.
Teaching: A commitment to excellent teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels is required.
The successful candidate will be engaged in teaching activities as per Hamburg Education Regulation (Lehrverpflichtungsverordnung fu?r die Hamburger Hochschulen, LVVO), supervise Master and Doctoral candidates, and participate in academic self-organization.
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria
- As per § 15 Hamburg Higher Education Act from July 3rd 2014
- Junior professorship or postdoctoral thesis (Habilitation), or equivalent scientific achievement and teaching experience
- Completed university degree as well as doctorate (Ph.D and/or M.D.) in medicine or life sciences with significant post-doctoral experience
- Leadership skills
- Evidence of excellence in research will be demonstrated primarily by publications or forthcoming publications in leading journals or conferences in the field, the submitted research statement and successful grant applications.
- We seek candidates whose research and teaching interests compliment and strengthen our existing departmental strengths.
- Cooperation with other academic units at the University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf and interdisciplinary research approaches will be strongly encouraged.
The University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf and the University of Hamburg are committed to increasing the proportion of women among the scientific staff. We therefore strongly encourage women to apply. Women will be given preference over equally qualified men (within the framework of the legal possibilities).
Application material for the position must be submitted with the reference number FK03-244/2 by email to email@example.com (as one single pdf file). In addition, all original files should be submitted to the Dean of the Medical Faculty at Hamburg University, Martinistr. 52, 20246 Hamburg, by 3. Februar 2020.
Application material must include a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a list of publications, a statement outlining previous and current research and future research plans, a teaching dossier to include a teaching philosophy statement, a statement on diversification, and a list of research grants received.
Please apply at: BERUFUNGEN@UKE.DE