At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
We are seeking an Associate Principal Scientist in Oncology Translational Medicine to join a world class center for discovery and development of innovative cancer medicines. In this role you will be accountable for delivery of robust, scientifically-driven biomarkers in drug discovery and development programs for targeted agents in our breast cancer, DNA damage response and / or antibody drug conjugate portfolio. You will have the opportunity to impact an industry-leading portfolio of targeted therapy programs from inception through to life cycle management for marketed drugs.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Developing biomarker strategies and ensuring delivery within oncology project teams.
- Delivering biomarkers for clinical studies based on the best available science and technologies.
- Generating disease linkage data to guide indication selection and targeted patient populations.
- Measuring target engagement reliably and quantifiably to inform clinical decisions for selecting therapeutically relevant doses and schedules.
- Understanding key cancer pathway interactions and feedback mechanisms in clinical samples to guide rational drug combinations.
- Defining novel mechanisms of resistance targeted therapies by studying tumors at relapse.
Essential Requirements and Qualifications:
- PhD and/or MD with experience in drug development
- In-depth knowledge of oncology disease area biology and translational science, ideally with expertise in breast cancer, DNA damage response biology and / or antibody drug conjugates
- Proven communication and influencing skills.
- Highly developed problem solving and risk management skills.
- Highly developed collaborative working skills.
- Ability to act as an external ambassador and to influence external organisations to enhance the image and reputation of AstraZeneca.
- Proven ability to motivate and develop others.
Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Closing Date: 7th February 2020
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.