We are seeking a talented, highly motivated, collaborative scientist (f/m/d) to join our medicinal chemistry group which has a focus on Targeted Protein Degradation (TPD) at Boehringer Ingelheim in Vienna, Austria. The successful candidate will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and will be applying their skills to the design and optimization of small molecules through lead generation, lead optimization and development candidate selection of new potential therapeutics in Oncology. The contract is limited to the end of 2026.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, optimize and supervise the synthesis of novel drug candidates in oncology
- Analyze and interpret data sets and literature (X-Ray crystal structures, computational modeling, physicochemical properties, in vitro and in vivo biological and ADME/PK data) and develop structure-activity relationships
- Generate experimentally testable hypotheses and design decision making follow-up experiments
- Supervise, develop and motivate 1-3 direct reports (lab-based synthetic chemists)
- Understand the goals and strategies of the project team and as part of the chemistry team develop and execute strategies aligned to project objectives
- Drive improvements to projects and departments by sharing best practices, demonstrating scientific rigor, leading by example and fostering a positive and collaborative work environment across functions
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with peers in the multi-disciplinary project team, locally and globally, to support the advancement of projects and to identify clinical candidates
Qualifications & Requirements
- Doctoral degree (PhD) and at least one year post-doctoral or industrial experience in relevant chemistry discipline, e.g. organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, chemical biology
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and understanding of how individual work impacts the objectives of the team
- Substantial, up-to-date knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry, including heterocyclic chemistry
- Outstanding creativity, critical thinking and analytical and problem-solving skills to generate and execute ideas to positively impact project goals as well as strong communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical and project information in a concise and clear manner
- Previous experience in managing and developing direct reports or students is advantageous
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment
Some of your Benefits
- Flexible working time models/home office depending on the position
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
The remuneration for this position starts at EUR 60,000.00 gross annual salary (full time). When defining the actual salary we are taking your technical skills as well as personal competencies and relevant professional experience into consideration. We will be happy to discuss further details in person.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Work with us on the health of humans and animals – do something meaningful!!
- As a family-run company we offer long-term and stable jobs and value sustainability
- We offer you an innovative working environment and a responsible and versatile tasks
- Work in Vienna Meidling together with more than 3,080 employees on international projects. A team of over 40 nationalities is waiting for you!
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal, we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt.
On our career site you will find further information about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
Is the position interesting for someone you know? Recommend us!
(We are looking forward to receiving your online application – 230579.