(Associate) Principal Scientist, Discovery Research / Cancer Immunology Drug Discovery (f/m/d)
The Cancer Immunology Group at our research campus in Vienna is a vibrant community of immunologists, cell biologists, and biochemists dedicated to developing modern cancer treatments. Our Antigen Discovery unit is seeking a Principal Scientist with experience in T cell biology and immune priming to lead a laboratory focused on identifying novel antigens for cancer immunotherapy.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Lead a team of cell biologists to discover novel cancer immunotherapy targets
- Drive cancer immunotherapy programs as part of a global multi-disciplinary project team
- Develop and build novel immunological assays and optimize our antigen validation pipeline
- Attend and present at relevant scientific conferences and publish in peer-reviewed journals
- Initiate and coordinate collaborations with leading academic institutions and biotech partners
- PhD or equivalent degree in the life sciences and at least three years postdoctoral experience
- Experience in T cell biology & cultivation, as well as with CD8 T cell functional assays is required
- Evidence of leading successful research programs with a strong publication record is required
- A background in dendritic cell (DC)-supported immune priming as well as a background in MHC class I-mediated antigen presentation are a strong advantage
- Experience in drug discovery for cancer immunotherapy is an advantage
- Excellent team working, communication, and presentation skills (English as working language)
The remuneration for this position starts at EUR 60.000 gross annual salary (full time). When defining the actual salary we are taking your technical skills as well as personal competencies and relevant professional experience into consideration. We will be happy to discuss further details in person.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Work with us on the health of humans and animals – do something meaningful!!
- As a family-run company we offer long-term and stable jobs and value sustainability
- We offer you an innovative working environment and a responsible and versatile tasks
- Work in Vienna Meidling together with more than 3,080 employees on international projects. A team of over 40 nationalities is waiting for you!
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal, we can treat your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Patricia Dirrhammer. On our career site you will find further information about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our day-to-day business.
Is the position interesting for someone you know? Recommend us!
We are looking forward to receiving your online application – ID 229119.