Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community.
Associate or Senior Editor, Nature Medicine
New York or London
Nature Medicine is the premier journal for translational and clinical research in the Nature Research portfolio, publishing original magazine and peer-reviewed research in all areas of medicine on the basis of its originality, timeliness, interdisciplinary interest and impact on improving human health. To help us to build on the success of this journal, we are seeking a highly motivated scientist with strong interest in translational and clinical research, ability to think critically and across a range of topics. You will be championing the fields of human genetics and clinical genomics, including a broad range topics such as cancer genomics, genetics of rare diseases, genome editing, gene therapies, RNA-based therapies, epidemiological genomics, among others.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Editor, and play an important role in helping the chief to shape the future of the journal. They will handle original research papers, and work closely with other editors on all aspects of the editorial process, including manuscript selection and overseeing peer review. The ability to recommend well-reasoned editorial decisions on submitted manuscripts in the light of expert advice is crucial. They will liaise extensively with editors at other journals in the Nature family, and other experts in the international scientific community. Editorial experience is not required, although applicants with previous editorial experience are encouraged to apply.
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- A MD, or PhD (or equivalent) in the biomedical or medical sciences, with expertise in human genetics, genomics or molecular therapies.
- Postdoctoral research experience in a relevant area, or experience with clinical research is preferred.
- Strong interest in translational and clinical research.
- Be able to demonstrate the breadth of your interest in scientific research, both within and beyond your specialty.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be fluent in English (written and spoken).
- The ability to read and assess the novelty, context and implications of research submitted to the journal from different areas of this discipline.
- Be eager to travel and meet scientists worldwide, learn more about them and their research, and help them learn more about us and what we are looking for in the papers we seek to publish.
- Be comfortable with working in a fast-paced collaborative environment – team spirit is essential.
- Previous editorial experience in a clinical or translational journal is required for candidates to a Senior position
This is a full-time position, located in our New York or London offices. Applicants must have the right to live and work in their preferred location.
Interested candidates should submit a eesume and a brief cover letter explaining their interest in the position.
The closing date for applications is June 26, 2020
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster:
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.