Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community.
Associate or Senior Editor – Communications Physics
London / New York / Berlin / Shanghai
Communications Physics —an exciting new title in the Nature Research portfolio covering the whole spectrum of physics research— is seeking an Associate or Senior Editor to join its editorial team. If you are passionate about science and looking for a career beyond the bench, you may be the person we are seeking for this exciting role.
Communications Physics is a multidisciplinary open access physics journal. Communications Physics provides a venue for work across physics and related sciences and aims to inspire new connections across subjects, paving the way to exciting new discoveries. We are now looking for an additional Associate or Senior Editor to join our in-house professional editorial team. This role is ideal for someone who loves science but feels that a career at the bench isn’t enough to sate their desire to learn more about the newest discoveries in physics, has a passion for advancing science, and is seeking a creative and dynamic work environment.
We are particularly keen to hear from applicants with a background in quantum physics, quantum technologies or quantum gases, but welcome outstanding candidates in closely related areas of physics. Editorial experience would be beneficial but is not required.
In this role, you will:
- Shape the representation of your field in the journal.
- Commission and create content for the journal, website and social media.
- Commit to providing the best in author service and peer review.
- Engage in outreach to the scientific community.
- Collaborate with your other team members to build the journal’s visibility and reputation
The ideal candidate should have:
- A PhD (or equivalent) in physics. Post-doctoral experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- A genuine passion for physics.
- The ability to be creative and innovative to improve current scientific communication practices and products.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a dynamic and outgoing attitude.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- The ability to read and assess the novelty, context and implications of research submitted to the journal from areas across physics research.
- An eagerness to travel and meet scientists worldwide, learn more about them and their research, and help them learn more about us and what we are looking for in the papers we seek to publish.
- An interest in social media.
The position is offered on a full-time, permanent basis, and will be located in our London, Berlin Shanghai or New York office. All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the location they are applying for. The position is offered on a full-time, permanent basis.
Applicants should include a CV, a covering letter explaining their interest in the post and their preferred office of employment, and a separate concise (300 words) discussion of recent scientific developments that they found particularly exciting (stating why). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Closing date: 24th January 2020
Candidates will be considered as they apply.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster:
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.