AIP Publishing ensures that all findings with the potential to advance the physical sciences are presented, promoted, and permanently available as the building blocks of future discoveries.
With a comprehensive portfolio of 33 journals and conference proceedings, AIP Publishing is a leading publisher of physical science journal.
Why Should You Apply?
AIP Publishing’s employees are our most valuable assets, working together as a team to meet the needs of our customers. Our beautiful office design encourages collaboration, innovation and creativity.
If you like to stay engaged with the most recent scientific discoveries, are interested in using your skills from academia to make a scientific impact through scholarship and communication, then this is the position for you.
Associate Editor – AIP Publishing is looking for an Associate Editor to join a new in-house editorial team that will help launch and develop a new ‘high quality’ brand of journals serving the applied physics, chemical physics, and biophysics communities. The role requires working closely with other editors, authors, and reviewers to select articles for publication in accordance with the quality thresholds of the journal.
The Associate Editor will need to:
- manage the peer review process in a fair, timely, and thorough way
- keep up to date with the scientific literature to carefully measure work submitted, against its originality and the impact it will have in the field
- contribute to development and implementation of short- and long-term strategies for journal development
- coordinate marketing efforts that will ensure increased journal usage, visibility and authorship
- commission authors to submit to the journals from key institutions worldwide
- stay engaged with the scientific community and represent AIP Publishing at conferences and institutional visits
Job Location and Qualifications:
This role will be based in AIP Publishing’s Long Island office in Melville, NY or NYC Satellite Office and, as such, candidates must have the right to live and work in the United States.
An advanced physical science degree (Ph.D., or similar, in Physics, Chemistry, or Engineering) is a must as are excellent literary and interpersonal skills. We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with background in one or more of the following areas: biophysics or bioengineering, photonics, energy conversion and storage, magnetism, or materials physics.
To apply please submit a CV along with a brief statement highlighting the unique skills you would bring to this role.
- We offer an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Paid time off
- Work from home policy
- Competitive medical, dental and vision options
- Exceptional retirement benefits
- Transit commuter program
- Training opportunities
- Tuition assistance
- Unlimited coffee and chocolate
AIP Publishing is a wholly owned not-for-profit subsidiary of the American Institute of Physics (AIP). AIP Publishing’s mission is to support the charitable, scientific and educational purposes of AIP through scholarly publishing activities in the fields of the physical and related sciences on its own behalf and on behalf of our publishing partners to help them proactively advance their missions. Our publishing portfolio includes digital books, AIP Conference Proceedings, and peer-reviewed journals across a spectrum of research areas, including our flagship titles Applied Physics Reviews, Applied Physics Letters, Journal of Applied Physics, and The Journal of Chemical Physics.
AIP Publishing LLC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer