Translate Bio is seeking an experienced pulmonary biologist to join our growing Translational Development team. The individual in this role will contribute to drug development efforts at Translate Bio, particularly focused on lung diseases with high unmet need. He/She will lead drug discovery/development programs, develop program strategies and timelines, and direct cross-functional drug discovery/development teams.
- Lead drug discovery/development programs in various lung diseases by applying Translate Bio’s messenger RNA and lipid nanoparticle platform
- Utilize expertise in disease biology to develop program strategies and timelines to advance programs
- Manage cross-functional teams to ensure resources, both internal and external
- Represent program team to management and present data externally when needed
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned
- Ph.D. in molecular, cell/developmental, pharmacological sciences or similar with experience in lung physiology and pulmonary disease, plus 10 – 12 years post degree experience in academic or industry setting. Scientific expertise in lung demonstrated through publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Experience participating on and leading drug discovery/development teams and representing them to upper management.
- Experience preparing preclinical pharmacology reports for regulatory submissions.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams to advance programs to and through development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in identifying and/or developing suitable pharmacological models of disease.
(OPTIONAL) WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(Including this information is optional but may be used to provide a description of the physical and mental requirements of the position to assist with ADA compliance.)
SAMPLE LANGUAGE FOR WORK PERFORMED IN AN OFFICE ENVIRONMENT:
Work is performed in an office environment with light physical demands and normal exposure to everyday risks and discomfort requiring common safety precautions.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees in the position. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for the position. The Company reserves the right at all times, in its sole discretion, to add or subtract duties and responsibilities, as it deems necessary.