1. Field(s) of Specialty and Number of Openings
(Full-time Tenure-Track Position)
Biopharmaceutical or Biomedical Sciences (a tenure-track position at any levels in all areas of basic/Applied Biomedical Science)
Foreign nationals only (non-Korean citizens)
Applicant should have a Ph.D. degree and meet all requirements of the Seoul National University (SNU) Appointment Regulations (as a full-time faculty in the tenure track)
Applicant should have more than one year of research career after Ph.D.
3. Faculty Appointment (Contract) Period
The appointment (contract) period follows Seoul National University Hiring Policy.
Please refer the Regulations Regarding Appointment of Faculty at SNU at https://professor.snu.ac.kr.
4. Review Process
All applicants will be selected and reviewed according to
: Whether the research activity and specialization suit in the field of specialty (20%), recent research achievements within four years (35%), career research achievements (20%), presentation or lecture (15%), statement of research and education (5%), personal essay (5%).
Details of the application process for employment can be found on the University`s website (http://professor.snu.ac.kr) by clicking the ENGLISH tab and the Notice tab in tandem.
5. Application Documents(Required)
a. Printed Application Form for Faculty Job Opening (Complete online at https://professor.snu.ac.kr and print one)
b. Recent research achievements: Five copies and one original
- Submit five or less research materials published (or accepted for publication) within the past four years including the month of the application deadline (after December 1, 2015).
- Research achievements to be considered include complete separate publications (individual chapters in a published volume are not considered), peer-reviewed journal articles (research article only).
- The submitted research achievements should be worth at least 200 points. More than two research materials which worth at least 70 points should be included. Review papers should not be included.
- The point value of which will be given based on the following criteria:
Each published research achievement gets 100 points for a single author, 70 points for two authors, 50 points for three authors, 30 points for four authors or more; however, if the applicant is the first author or the corresponding author of an article published by three or more authors, 70 points are given.(Only the first author listed in the author list will be accepted as the first author.)
- Research achievement that has been accepted for publication should be submitted with a proof of acceptance (including the title and the expected publication date) issued by a responsible person of the publisher and must have been published before the submission deadline of faculty appointment documents in the same form as when submitted for application (no addition, deletion, or modification is allowable).
- Submitted research achievements that have been accepted for publication or that have published in the electronic journals should be acceptable only when the expected publication date is issued, and the proof of acceptance should explicitly include such information.
- Research articles submitted with their respective proof of acceptance should be submitted to the University just right after the publication, and this should be completed by December 31, 2019.
c. Career Research Accomplishment (or publication record): 1 copy each
Research accomplishments published (or accepted) on SCI journal since beginning of Ph.D. course and until 1 November, 2019 (except review paper).
d. Degree Certificates and Transcripts (Undergraduate and graduate): 2 copies each.
e. Career Certificates: 2 copies each.
f. Personal Statement (International experience, Research plans and objectives on field of specialty, etc.): 2 copies
g. Teaching and Research Statement (Including possible course that the applicant could teach, suggestions of new courses that could be added to the curriculum, mid/long-term research plans and objectives, etc.):
h. 2 copies Letters of recommendation (from at least two scholars in the same field of specialty): 1 copy each
6. Application Period and Mailing Address
- Application period: October 21, 2019(Mon) ~ November 1, 2019(Fri).
(Office hours: 10:00 ~17:00 Korean time, Monday to Friday)
Office of Academic Affairs (Bldg. 21, Room 105)
College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University
Gwanak-ro 1, Gwanak-gu, Seoul 08826, Republic of Korea
- Apply online via Seoul National University Faculty Recruitment website (https://professor.snu.ac.kr). Application materials should be sent by post to the above address. All applications that arrived before the deadline will be accepted. No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
(Paste enlarged version of following box on the outside of the envelope)
Office of Academic Affairs (Bldg. 21, Room 105), College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Gwanak-ro 1, Gwanak-gu, Seoul 08826, Republic of Korea
< Field of specialty: Biopharmaceutical or Biomedical Sciences >
7. Scheduled Appointment Date
- March, 2020 (It may be changed due to circumstances)
8. Notification of Results
- Applicants will receive individual notification of the results soon after review of all applicants.
- Applicants cannot apply for more than one position. Multiple applications will invalidate all of his or her applications.
-Depending on evaluation results, faculty openings may not be filled and the starting date of appointments may be changed.
-Appointment can be nullified even after employment has commenced if applicants have willingly falsified application documents and/or have not fulfilled the appointment requirements.
- Other particulars not stated in this announcement will follow established Seoul National University protocols.
-All application documents must be originals. If the submitted document is copied one, the applicant should make the college check a copy with the original immediately after being announced as a candidate for appointment. <Notarial certificate must be attached for documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts and diplomas, official document confirming careers) written by other language except English.
- New faculty members may be subject to the performance-based annual salary system.
- For further information contact:
Office of Academic Affairs, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University
Seung-Hyun Lim (e-mail: email@example.com)
October 1, 2019
College of Pharmacy
Seoul National University