The United Arab Emirates University invites applications for a faculty position in the Department of Medical Education Qualified candidates at all levels will be considered at a rank commensurate with academic accomplishments.
Background: the College of Medicine & Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University implements a six year undergraduate program. The program is divided into 3 two year blocks comprised of Premedical, Preclinical and Clinical programs. The duties of the post outlined below are not exhaustive and the post holder will be expected to be flexible and cooperative in undertaking such managerial and administrative duties as needed in line with the changing educational requirements of the Department and College.
• Working closely with the Assistant Dean for Education & Academic Affairs and Head of the Department of Medical Education to assist faculty to develop teaching and student assessment effectiveness by delivering faculty development programs
• Liaising with Program Directors, Course Coordinators, faculty to develop an outcomes based medical education curriculum
• Interpret the training requirements of each specialty, including the promotion and use of a clinical simulation and center
• Provide input and recommendations to the Dean, Vice Dean, Program Directors and University on issues relating to existing and proposed new medical education and training activities
• Responsible for special projects as delegated by the Vice Dean regarding Postgraduate education and training
• Provide support and advice to the Dean/Vice Dean in matters pertaining to the accreditation of undergraduate and postgraduate medical programs
• Develop policies and procedures for effective management of the curriculum
• Supervise delivery of medical education curriculum in collaboration with Program Directors by ensuring the availability of optimal learning resources (library, teaching laboratories, clinical skills training and simulation, media resources, electronic teaching resources, IT support)
• Contributing to the evaluation of faculty teaching
• Contribute to development and coordination of learning in the clinical skills and simulation center as an effective educational tool for integrated clinical and communication skills.
• Contribute to development and promotion of the integration of clinical skills and simulation based curriculum activities with placement based learning experiences
• To work with clinical specialists to ensure the smooth delivery of clinical skills center based examinations (OSCEs)
• Develop annual budget for Medical Education
• Develop annual report on Medical Education activities