Your new role:
Cell Reports is seeking a full-time scientific editor to join the journal. Cell Reports is a young open access journal in the Cell Press portfolio and we are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic editor to add to our team in this exciting publishing space. Cell Reports publishes thought-provoking and innovative papers across the entire life sciences spectrum.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assess submitted research papers
- Oversee the peer review process for direct submissions and transferred contributions
- Establish relationships with researchers
- Work collaboratively with academic editorial board members and editors
- Recruit exciting research
- Writing content for the journal homepage, blog and social media outlets
- Building effective working relationships with colleagues across Cell Press and beyond
- Representing the journal and Cell Press at scientific meetings, and visits to research institution
What you should bring
- PhD in any of the research areas covered by the journal. Previous editorial experience is not required.
- Broad scientific interests, a desire to learn, and the ability to think critically about a wide range of scientific issues. As a scientific editor, you will need to develop an understanding of the diverse areas covered by the journal, as well as be open to exciting emerging topics.
- Great interpersonal skills. Collaboration and networking are core aspects of the job.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly.
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize, and focus.
- Creativity, willingness to experiment, agility, and desire to improve.
- The ability to work well in a team.
- Comfort and familiarity with standard office software and online communication/management tools.
This is a full-time in-house editorial position, based at the Cell Press office in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Cell Press offers an attractive salary and benefits package and a stimulating working environment. Applications will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please include a cover letter describing why you are interested in the job and how your skills and knowledge could contribute to the journals.
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding. We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.
Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray’s Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries.
Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.