Assistant Professor-Big Data Development/Image Processing – Molecular & Cell Biology
College of Letters & Science – Biological Sciences – Molecular & Cell Biology
Open September 16th, 2019 through Monday, Nov 11, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Assistant Professor – Big Data Development / Image Processing
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology
University of California, Berkeley
The Department of Molecular and Cell Biology (MCB) at the University of California, Berkeley (UCB) invite applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level in the area of Big Data Development and Biological Imaging and Image Analysis. The expected start date is July 1, 2020.
We seek applicants developing or applying imaging tools and image analysis to study fundamental aspects of molecular and cell biology. Areas of interest include but are not limited to: mechanisms of development and differentiation, gene expression, and cellular function/organization. Candidates should demonstrate excellence, originality and productivity in research, an interest in undergraduate and graduate teaching and mentoring, and a commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. A Ph.D. or M.D. or equivalent international degree in Molecular and Cell Biology or a related field is required at time of application.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values of the MCB Department and our University. Successful candidates for our faculty positions will demonstrate evidence of a commitment to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion.
-A Ph.D. and/or M.D. or equivalent international degree at the time of application.
-A Ph.D. and/or M.D. or equivalent international degree in Biology or a related field.
Applicants may apply by completing an online application via the following link: https://apptrkr.com/1615422
You must arrange to have three letters of reference submitted online. All letters will be treated as confidential per University of California policy and California state law. Potential referees, including those whose letters are produced via a third party (i.e., dossier service or career center), should refer to the UC Berkeley statement of confidentiality (http://apo.berkeley.edu/evalltr.html) prior to submitting their letters.
Applications must be received by November 11, 2019. Please direct questions to: mailto:email@example.com
The Department is committed to addressing the family needs of faculty, including dual career couples and single parents. The Department is interested in candidates who will contribute to diversity and equal opportunity in higher education through their teaching, research, and service. For information about potential relocation to Berkeley, or career needs of accompanying partners and spouses, please visit: http://ofew.berkeley.edu/new-faculty.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct.
More information about this recruitment: https://mcb.berkeley.edu/
• Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
• Summary of Major Research Accomplishments – Provide a summary of your major research accomplishments in approximately 250 words.
• Statement of Ongoing and Planned Research Program – Summary of your ongoing and planned research program (approximately 1,500 words with intermixed figures). This should egin with a title for your research program and should include a list of essential publication citations.
• Publications List – Complete list of publications
• Significant Publication #1 – In addition to your publication, provide a statement that begins with the manuscript title and author list and then summarizes (in approximately 300 words) the significance of the selected publication.
• Significant Publication #2 – In addition to your publication, provide a statement that begins with the manuscript title and author list and then summarizes (in approximately 300 words) the significance of the selected publication.
• Significant Publication #3 – In addition to your publication, provide a statement that begins with the manuscript title and author list and then summarizes (in approximately 300 words) the significance of the selected publication.
• Statement on Contributions to Advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – Statement of your understanding of barriers to success in education and research for groups underrepresented in STEM, your past efforts to address these issues, and your future plans to promote a diverse, equitable and inclusive research environment at Berkeley. All diversity, equity and inclusion activities should be included in this statement. See https://ls.berkeley.edu/sites/default/files/frequently_asked_questions-statement_of_contributions_to_diversity_equity_and_inclusion.pdf for detailed instructions. Also review the campus policies on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
• Statement of Teaching – A statement of your teaching interests as well as any prior teaching and mentoring experience (approximately 500 words)
• Cover letter (Optional)
• 3 letters of reference required
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.