Medical University of South Carolina
James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine
Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Full Professor Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Department of Stomatology
The James B. Edwards College of Dental Medicine (CDM) is seeking applications for a full-time Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Full Professor in a new Division of Diagnostic Sciences and Services. The position will be a compliment to an impressive team of specialists in oral medicine, radiology, and emergency services.
Candidates will be expected to fully participate in predoctoral dental instruction, clinical activities, faculty practice and in departmental research and/or other scholarly activities.
Expectations of the position include:
• Involvement in oral and systemic pathology curricular planning
• Provides didactic and clinical instruction to students in pre-doctoral and eight postdoctoral dental education programs
• Provides clinical consults to the multi-specialty dental clinics of the College
• Participates in our highly productive faculty practice in clinical oral pathology specialty services; ensure that the biopsy service is available to the state (only dental school)
• Develops and leads new post-graduate training opportunities at the fellowship level and continuing education opportunities
Applicants must have a DDS, DMD or equivalent degree, with advanced oral and maxillofacial pathology training, from a CODA accredited program. Applicants are expected to be Boardcertified through the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology (ABOMP). Must have, or be able to obtain, a South Carolina dental license.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
• Experience in teaching predoctoral dental education courses
• Regular contributions to peer-reviewed literature
• Board certification in Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
• Additional advanced/graduate training in ENT pathology
MUSC is home to the Hollings Cancer Center and is an NCI-Designated Cancer Center. It is one of the only 71 cancer centers in the nation, and the only one in South Carolina.