The Institute of Experimental Physics at the Faculty of Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics at the University of Innsbruck seeks to fill a position of a full-time (40 hours per week) assistant professor (Chiffre MIP-10722) as of March 01, 2020. The position is limited to 6 years. However, a tenure-track agreement can be offered within the first year of employment, leading to a tenured associate professorship upon positive evaluation.
The position holder is expected to carry out independent research in the field of theory of atomic quantum gases, particularly with regard to quantum many-body physics and to real experiments on ultracold atomic ensembles, and to acquire external funding for this research. Original research publications in leading international journals are expected. The position holder is required to teach at university level within all study programs in physics (also in German within two years from start of the appointment), as well as for other departments, including supervision of students at all levels. Furthermore, the holder of the position is expected to take part in academic administration and service.
- Doctoral degree in physics
- Postdoctoral or corresponding professional experience
- Teaching experience at university level desired
- Relevant scientific achievement beyond dissertation/PhD level, including independent publications – please list your ResearcherID and/or ORCID iD
- Research experience in theory of atomic quantum gases, particularly with regard to quantum many-body physics and to real experiments on ultracold atomic ensembles
- Relevant publications in leading international refereed journals and presentations at international conferences/workshops
- Existing collaborations with internationally leading groups
- Experience in acquisition of third-party funding or scientific project management
- International mobility and visibility
- Ability to work in a team, communication skills, potential to lead a research group
For this position the minimum gross salary is EUR 3.804/month (14 times). There is a wage increase with relevant working experience. Furthermore, the university offers numerous attractive corporate employee benefits (https://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/index.html.en).
The application has to be submitted in German or English. Please upload a single PDF-file, including a curriculum vitae with a description of the scientific and professional career, a list of scientific publications, talks, as well as other scientific work and projects, and three publications that are relevant for the current call. Please also submit a research and teaching statement together with your application. Two letters of reference are required, to be sent directly to Rudolf Grimm (firstname.lastname@example.org), head of the institute, by the application deadline.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
The full, legally binding call for application (in German) including the salary can be found here:
The University of Innsbruck is committed to raising the number of female employees and therefore explicitly welcomes applications from qualified female scientists. In the case of female underrepresentation women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
In accordance with Austrian disability laws qualified people with special requirements are expressly encouraged to apply for jobs. For more information please contact the ombudsperson for people with disabilities, Dr. Adolf Sandbichler.