Director of the Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Jastrzebiec opens competition for the positions of Assistant professor (Polish “adiunkt”) in the following areas: Molecular Genetics / Molecular Biology / Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics / Biotechnology / Biomedicine / Animal Welfare and Behaviour
based on the article 91, paragraph 5 of the Act on the Polish Academy of Sciences of the 30th of April 2010 (Bulletin of Acts. Number 96, Position 619), the Statute of the IGiHZ PAN, and the Regulations of Competition Procedure in Employment for Scientific Position in the Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding of the Polish Academy of Sciences of the 21st February 2018.
The Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding of the Polish Academy of Sciences has the HR Excellence in Research logo awarded by the European Commission to institutions which implement rules of the “European Charter for Researchers” and the “Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers”.
The Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding of the Polish Academy of Sciences (IGAB PAS) in Jastrzebiec n/Warsaw is seeking for scientists with expertise and hands-on experience in molecular genetics/ molecular biology / nutrigenomics and nutrigenetics / biotechnology /biomedicine including animal model studies / animal welfare and behaviour.
As a Researcher in the IGAB PAS, you will:
- Provide scientific leadership in your area of expertise.
- Be responsible for the planning and experimental design of all research activities associated with your project role.
- Effectively communicate your conclusions and recommendations to the team.
- Utilize literature and patent searches, as well as connecting with your colleagues to learn new skills and/or seek collaborators to meet project needs.
- Contribute to the pipeline of new ideas.
- Gain understanding of the overall project strategy and how your deliverables contribute to our project goals.
- Exemplify the IGAB PAS values, including scientific integrity and teamwork.
- PhD degree in either: Biology, Genetics, Animal Science, Chemistry, Medicine, Biotechnology or related discipline.
- Broad knowledge of selected area: molecular genetics / molecular biology / nutrigenomics and nutrigenetics / biomedical studies / biochemistry / biotechnology animal welfare and behaviour with demonstrable experience in laboratory techniques (at least 3 years, publications from the JCR list).
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Leadership/participation in externally funded projects.
- Good experience in international cooperation.
We can offer:
- Full-time employment.
- Competitive salary.
- Bonuses for high IF publications.
- Animal facilities (mice, rats, rabbits, sheep, goats, cattle).
- Modern laboratory equipment.
- Strong institutional support in grant applications.
The candidates are asked to submit the following documents:
- motivation letter,
- copy of the MSc and PhD degree diploma,
- list of publications,
- summary of professional accomplishments,
- application form (template on the web site: https://tinyurl.com/ighz-pers-inf-form),
- certificate confirming the knowledge of English language (in case of lack of a certificate, knowledge of English will be examined during the job interview),
- list of scientific projects financed by external sources in which candidate has been project leader or investigator,
- international scientific cooperation (the name of foreign scientific unit, the form of cooperation, range, results),
- declaration of accomplishment of international internship,
- international visits: scientific trainings, conferences participation (country, institution, aim of visit, duration of visit),
- international and national prizes, awards (year of obtaining).
Link to the rules of procedure for competitions for research positions at the Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding, Polish Academy of Sciences: https://tinyurl.com/igab-rules-of-procedure-eng
The whole documentation should be submitted to the secretariat of the Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Jastrzebiec n/Warsaw, Postepu 36A Street, 05-552 Magdalenka; during working hours between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., by post or please send scans of all the documents by email: email@example.com
Link to the announcement on the IGAB PAS website: http://www.ighz.pl/en/konkursy-na-stanowiska-naukowe-1
Interview in person / on-line – candidates will be notified of the date of the interview individually
1. The administrator of personal data collected during the recruitment process is the Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding of the Polish Academy of Sciences, entered into the register of institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences (kept by the Polish Academy of Sciences) under the number RIN-V-32/98, NIP no. 1230018381, REGON no. 000326196, address: Jastrzebiec, ul. Postepu 36A, 05-552 Magdalenka.
2. Personal data provided to the Administrator by the participants of the recruitment process will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (OJ.EU.L. of 2016 No. 119/1, hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”).
3. According to art. 5, 6, 7 and 13 of GDPR, the Administrator informs that:
a. Personal data provided by the participant of the recruitment process will be processed on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 letter a) of GDPR, i.e. on the basis of their consent and pursuant to art. 221 of the act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (Journal of Laws 2018.917).
b. The following personal data are processed during the recruitment process: first name(s) and surname, image, names of parents, date of birth, place of residence (correspondence address), education, other personal details of the employee, including names and surnames and dates of birth of the employee’s children if such data is necessary for the employee’s use of special rights provided for in the labour law, the employee’s PESEL number assigned by the Government Information Center of the Universal Electronic System for Registration of the Population (RCI PESEL), telephone number and e-mail address.
c. The person involved in the recruitment process has the right to request access to personal data, correct or remove it, as well as limit its processing, oppose to data processing, the right to transfer data and the right to submit a complaint to the supervisory body.
d. The person participating in the recruitment process has the right to withdraw consent to the processing of data at any time, which does not affect the legality of the processing which had been carried out on the basis of consent granted before its withdrawal.
e. Providing personal data by a person participating in the recruitment process is voluntary, however, the failure to provide it may prevent this process from being carried out.
4. In all matters related to the processing of personal data of persons participating in the recruitment process, please contact the Institute in writing at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.