The Department of Physical Sciences at Barry University in Miami Shores, Florida invites applications for a full-time, continuing track position of Assistant Professor in the field of Chemistry, with preferred expertise in biochemistry, beginning in August 2020. The Department offers the BS degree in Chemistry and a specialization in Biochemistry. This full-time Assistant Professor of Chemistry teaches undergraduate courses; provides academic advising and mentoring to undergraduate students, including supervision of undergraduate research; contributes to departmental, college, university, community and professional service; and engages in sustained scholarship.
- Teach courses and develop curriculum in biochemistry and organic chemistry and other courses needed by the program, including general chemistry.
- Mentor undergraduate students in biochemistry research projects
- Engage in undergraduate academic advising
- Participate in departmental, university, community and professional service
- Engage in sustained scholarship
- Experience with developing and teaching distance courses is welcomed.
- The position requires a PhD in Chemistry, or closely related field.
- Applicants should submit 1) a cover letter; 2) a statement of teaching philosophy (1) page limit; 3) a description of research plans (3) page limit, 4) a curriculum vitae; 5) an unofficial transcript; and, 6) letters of reference from three recommenders.
- Review of applications will begin January 8, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.