Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Vision Repair at Burke Neurological Institute
The mission of the Burke Neurological Institute (BNI @ burke.weill.cornell.edu), an academic affiliate of Weill Cornell Medicine (WCM), is to advance the treatment of neurological impairment to restore function in those with vision loss, paralysis, cognitive dysfunction and pain in a host of neurological conditions including stroke, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury and Alzheimer’s disease. Our Principal Investigators, funded by federal, state and private agencies, work at BNI supported by a team of 80 dedicated employees, on a beautiful 60-acre campus in White Plains, New York, 15 miles from New York City.
We invite applications for a full time, tenure-track faculty positions at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, with an anticipated start date in 2020. We are particularly interested in attracting candidates with expertise in visual system neurobiology, but we will consider applications from those broadly interested in neural repair. Successful candidates will receive a competitive support package and will be expected to develop an innovative, extramurally funded, independent research program.
· Doctoral degree or MD/PhD in Neuroscience or related field
· Training in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, and/or neurophysiology
· Four or more years of relevant post-doctoral experience
· Accomplished research publication record
· Strong record of research funding
· Strong interest in neuronal, glial, or vascular biology of the visual system
· Strong interest in scientific collaboration with BNI faculty
· Commitment to mentor students, post-docs and/or junior faculty