Assistant and Associate Professorship Positions at Beykoz Institute of Life Sciences and Biotechnology (BILSAB) of Bezmialem Vakıf University
Beykoz Institute of Life Sciences and Biotechnology at the Bezmialem Vakif University (http://bilsab.bezmialem.edu.tr/tr/Sayfalar/index.aspx) is seeking to fill tenure-track faculty positions starting fall of 2019 until the end of 2020. BILSAB is the research base of the university with full time research faculties recruited from overseas institutions and houses a state of the art research facilities.
Candidates with strong research background in any of these broad areas of interests are encouraged to apply:
● Immunology (preferred background in viral, bacterial, tumor and/or parasite immunology)
● Pathobiology (preferred experiences in infectious processes and/or inflammation)
● Biotechnology (preferred experiences in the next generation laboratory technologies and their applications in the health sciences and industries i.e production of vaccines, bio-similars and, bio-betters in various systems)
● Molecular Biology (preferred experience in basic research on biological processes).
Candidates with strong background and leadership in their research after their PhD and have graduate level teaching experiences will be preferred. For select candidates with positions at overseas institutions, adjunct positions might also be considered. Selected candidates will be expected to send, and later present their planned research goals and expected be built on the already existing infrastructures of BILSAB. The planned presentation should include their expected growth strategies focusing in one of the research interest areas given above, highlighting the synergy with the current strengths of the University. The selected candidates will be the additional key faculties in the newly established Institute. The hired faculty will be provided with adequate laboratory space and a strong start up funds.
The applicant(s) in one of the above interest will be selected in 2019, the selection process will continue until all available positions are filled.
Applicants to all positions should submit the following materials digitally including:
● A letter of interest that indicates specific areas of expertise, the specific courses that are prepared to teach, and long-term plans for research
● A complete c.v.
● Name and contact details for three references
All application materials for above positions should be made as a single, PDF formatted file whose size does not exceed 5 MB and must be e-mailed to email@example.com
The selection committee will begin screening applications on June 1, 2019 and will continue until the positions are filled. The applicants will be informed after the evaluation process is completed.