As German Research Center for Environmental Health, Helmholtz Zentrum München pursues the goal of developing personalized medical approaches for the prevention and therapy of major common diseases such as diabetes mellitus, allergies and lung diseases. To achieve this, it investigates the interaction of genetics, environmental factors and lifestyle.
Germany’s largest research organization, the Helmholtz Association, launches Helmholtz Al: This dedicated, interdisciplinary platform will compile, develop, foster and promote applied artificial intelligence (Al) methods nationwide for all Helmholtz centers in collaboration with its external and university partners. Its central unit is currently being implemented in Munich, one of Germany’s major hubs for applied Al, at the Helmholtz Center Munich.
Fresh knowledge and ideas drive the success of our excellent research structure. With Helmholtz Al, the Helmholtz Association now has the unique opportunity to leverage its broad and large data sets across many fields with analysis expertise to answer questions with societal impact. We are inviting applications for the position of
Artificial Intelligence Consultants (Al Consultants) (m/f/d)
We’re interested in receiving applications from people with a master or PhD degree who want to address important Al/ML questions in our creative, multidisciplinary and collaborative environment.
Successful candidates will develop, implement and refine Al-based analytics for the unique data sets generated by researchers across the Helmholtz Association; Al Consultants will therefore get a broad overview of diverse application areas, solve scientific questions and play a crucial role in achieving our long-term goal of democratizing access to and application of Al expertise through interdisciplinary collaboration.
• be a foundational and fundamental part of one of the biggest Al initiatives in Germany
• develop, expand and implement Al methods to solve concrete data analytics research challenges across various fields
• identify, adapt, apply and disseminate emerging Al methods within the helmholtz.ai network and beyond to tackle previously intractable scientific questions
• liaise with your fellow Consultants, interact with local Al experts and the budding Helmholtz Al platform and learn about the latest developments in machine learning and data analytics
• work in close collaboration with world-renowned domain experts at the Helmholtz Center Munich, TUM and LMU and across all Helmholtz research centers on highly relevant scientific projects
• regularly participate in international conferences to present and discuss state-of-the-art Al methods and their applications
• broad experience and track record in Al and applied machine learning, ideally combined with a domain specific background or interest
• a master or PhD degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics or another field related to data science
• curiosity and network thinking
• interest and/or experience in multidisciplinary projects
• a self-starter mentality, a strong team spirit and a systematic way of working
What we offer you
A challenging and versatile field of work providing you with the freedom to follow your instinct and be creative. With the help of extensive and goal-orientated professional development measures and career-building programmes we encourage you to grow as a person. To ensure a good work/life balance we assist you with flexible working hours, in-house health management, a nursery, child care subsidy where required and an ""Elder Care"" concept as well as other consultation and support options.
Munich, with its numerous lakes and its vicinity to the Alps, is considered to be one of the cities with the best quality of life worldwide. With its first-class universities and research institutes it offers an intellectually stimulating environment.
Remuneration and social benefits are based on the collective wage agreement for public-sector employees at federal level (TV EntgO Bund).
The position is (initially) limited to three years, but under certain circumstances an extension can be arranged.
The activity involves special knowledge and experience specific to own scientific skills.
As a holder of the Total E-Quality Award, we promote equality of opportunity. To increase the share of women in management positions we very much welcome the respective applications. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
Curious? If you have further questions, simply contact Dr. Angela Jurik- Zeiller on +49 89 3187-3980, who will be happy to be of assistance.
Please send your electronic application (in English) until 15th October 2019 in a single PDF file – including cover letter, CV and contact details of at least two references via the ‘Apply’ button to Angela Jurik-Zeiller.
Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Helmholtz Artificial Intelligence Cooperation Unit (HAlCU)
Ingolstädter Landstraße 1
85764 Neuherberg near Munich