Inscripta is a gene editing technology company dedicated to creating the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel, and heal humanity. This includes developing a family of CRISPR enzymes (called MADzymes), bespoke nucleases for researchers and commercial partners, and a full suite of gene editing tools (software, instruments, and reagents) that will significantly increase the speed and efficiency of precision gene editing. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for an exception candidate to lead an effort on importing and creating content solutions for internal and external use. The position is located in Boulder, CO.
Yeast has long been a useful vehicle for studying mammalian proteins. We are looking for a scientist to drive a program focused on development of applications focused on studying mammalian genes, genetic networks, metabolic pathways and proteins by utilizing yeast as a model system. The ideal candidate has extensive experience working with yeast, as well as some experience working in mammalian systems. Experience with yeast display, yeast two hybrid or similar approaches is a must. This candidate will work as part of a team to develop novel applications and communicate the methods and results to the scientific community.
• Develop applications that exploit the use of yeast to understand mammalian gene function.
• Work with customers to understand their phenotyping needs and experimental systems.
• Design experiments that allow us to demonstrate the power of our technology for addressing scientific challenges.
• Perform data analysis and presentation
• Attend conferences and present scientific results generated internally.
• Support the product development team as needed.
• A PhD in biology, genetics, cell biology or a related field and an additional 2-3 years experience required.
• Experience using yeast using yeast as a model organism and genetic tool is required.
• Knowledge of yeast molecular genetic techniques such as genome manipulation (creating knock-ins and knock-outs), plasmid cloning and propagation and yeast transformation methods is required.
• Experience with cell culture, mammalian genomics or general cell biology work in higher eukaryotes required.
• Molecular biology and NGS experience required.
• Experience with genome editing methods is a plus.
• General understanding of yeast metabolic pathways is preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people working to create the tools needed to revolutionize how we feed, fuel and heal humanity. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with rapidly expanding additional locations in Pleasanton and San Diego California. This position can be located in our Boulder or Pleasanton location, but if located in Pleasanton, regular travel to Boulder will be required.