The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH
funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation
is recruiting a
Application Specialist or Postdoc (m/f/d)
in Mass spectrometry-based Proteomics
The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation and located within the campus of the University of Mainz in Germany. IMB focuses on epigenetics, DNA repair and developmental biology and offers premium scientific core facilities (seewww.imb-mainz.de/core-facilities).
The Proteomics Core Facility, which is currently staffed with a technician and a bioinformatics specialist, is looking for an application specialist to join the team.
- Independently operate LC-MS-systems
- Establish and optimize new MS-based methods
- Support scientific staff in proteomics experiments
- PhD in life sciences with experience in working with HPLC and mass spectrometry
- Commitment and interest in solving problems independently
- Communication and team spirit
- Interest in working in interdisciplinary teams
- Good knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Collaboration opportunities on research projects
- The possibility to work with state-of-the-art technology
- A stimulating, diverse and international research environment
- Advanced training opportunities (in-house and external)
- Favorable pension scheme
Applications should be in English and sent as a single PDF file including a cover letter, CV, certificates and quoting Ref. No. CFSS02 to email@example.com. Informal enquires should be addressed to Dr. Falk Butter (firstname.lastname@example.org). IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting Date: 1st August 2019 or later
Duration: The position has an initial contract length of one year with an option for extension.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2019
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at www.imb.de/jobs/Data Protection.