Advertising Sales Executive
British Dental Journal (BDJ)
BDJ is an international, peer reviewed journal for the dental community, published by Springer Nature on behalf of the British Dental Association.
We’re looking for a Classified Advertising Executive to join us for a period of 6 months. This is a fantastic role for those looking to progress their career in the world of print and online publishing. Are you an enthusiastic, creative individual who is driven by new and exciting challenges and committed to producing high quality results? You’ll be joining a high growth environment with lots of opportunity to quickly make a difference.
In return, we offer a well-rounded education in the advertising sales business, where you will have the opportunity to learn through strong on the job mentoring and training. You will be taught online/digital and rich media advertising and will have the opportunity to accompany senior team members to conferences, shows, events and client meetings. To further your insight in the full cycle of advertising, you will be exposed to related parts of the business including marketing and production. We believe in creating a great place to work where people are inspired, valued and developed and this forms a key part of our strategy.
• Selling classified advertising to clients across the UK
• Managing high volumes of incoming business
• Managing existing accounts as well as new business development
• Writing clear and tailored proposals including BDJ print and online products
• Upkeep of all ongoing sales activities in CRM and be able to provide clear revenue figures and sales forecast to management on a weekly basis
• Developing complete market awareness, understand competitor strengths, weaknesses and sales methods and keep track of share of market
• Attend relevant trade shows
• Advertising clients, including dentists, dental professionals and the NHS
• Internal departments, including production, marketing and editorial
Experience, skills and qualifications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Resilient and needs to be comfortable with prospecting and cold calling
• Excellent phone manner and high level of customer service
• Strong organisational skills, ability to cope under pressure
• Good knowledge of general office computer software (including MS Office)
• Client oriented and pro-active sales approach
• Bachelor’s degree desirable but not essential
• Previous sales experience a plus, preferably within B2B environment
To apply please upload a copy of your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations.