Pu Chen is a Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering and a Chair Professor of Nanomaterials in Canada in the Departments of Chemical Engineering and Physics at the University of Waterloo. Academician Chen works on the research and development of molecular self/co-assembly and targeted materials in intelligent energy technologies. He is an internationally renowned expert in the fields of interdisciplinary research, including smart energy materials, nano-biomaterials, bio-interfacial engineering, surface thermodynamics, polymer materials, nano-scale drugs, and micro-nano-intelligence devices. He has hosted more than 50 research projects in Canada, the United States, India, Singapore, and China with funding over 100 million RMB and published over 200 SCI papers and 120 patents. The Chen team is looking for dozens of talents to join its effort in nanomaterials, advanced energy systems and smart devices.
Qilu University of Technology (Shandong Academy of Sciences) hired Academician Pu Chen as the chief strategic scientist and academic leader. The Chen team focuses on new nanomaterials and intelligent devices and is committed to energy innovations. Relying on the Qilu University of Technology (Shandong Academy of Sciences) New Materials Research Institute and Qilu School of Materials Science and Engineering, the team will build a world-class, open intelligent nanomaterials innovation platform. Academician Chen takes the lead to establish a national research center in collaboration with the Qingdao Ocean National Laboratory, Qingdao University, Ocean University of China, and Qingdao International Academician Park. The team enthusiastically encourages domestic and foreign scientists to conduct collaborative research, provide knowledge and technical consultation for industry, and undertake research projects funded by local, provincial and national agencies. The team helps young scholars study and become a senior talent in nanomaterials science and energy research.
1) Postdoctoral Fellows: Obtaining a Ph.D. degree within 2 years, applicants have published at least 1 paper in an SCI journal in the relevant field as the first author, and strong independent research ability and professionalism.
2) Doctoral Candidates: Excellent professional knowledge, strong academic research ability and development potential, and outstanding academic performance at home and abroad.
3) Professors: Having rank of assistant professor and above, or equivalent position, in a foreign well-known university (scientific research institute), or being a well-known talent in a domestic university with professorship or equivalent, applicants can be competent as an academic leader.
4) Associate Professors: More than two years of work experience in high-level research environment, influential research results in related fields, more than 5 papers in SCI journals as the first author, including no less than 3 papers in the 2nd district or above as described by the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
5) Lecturers: Having achievements in related fields, the potential to become an academic leader, and the ability to independently carry out research, applicants have published more than 2 papers in SCI journals as the first author, including no less than 1 paper in the 2nd district or above in the past 5 years.
The team members have the opportunity to cooperate with well-known universities and research institutes at home and abroad for collaborative and visiting research, such as Harvard University, Stanford University, Australian National University, Melbourne University, Monash University, University of Queensland, Singapore National University, Oxford University, Nanyang Technological University, Nanjing University, Shandong University, Fudan University, Tongji University, and Shanghai Jiaotong University. Young researchers are welcome to apply, and the team provides superior research stipends and tailored career development plans.
Research Directions (I)
Nano-biomaterials science, bioengineering, nanomedicine, molecular pharmaceutics and oncology or related research.
Areas of Research
1) Interfacial physical chemistry
Requirements: Master’s degree or above in chemistry, physical chemistry, biology, nano-biomaterials; experience in surface physical or chemical analysis, such as atomic force microscopy, isothermal calorimetry, and surface tension measurement, is a bonus.
2) Tissue fibrosis
Requirements: PhD in pharmaceutics, biology, nanoengineering or related fields; in-depth knowledge of mechanisms and pathologies of tissue fibrosis, especially skin scarring or liver fibrosis.
3) 3D tumor model and drug screening
Requirements: Master’s degree or above in biomedical engineering, tissue engineering, nanoengineering, oncology, biomedical science or medicine, especially in liver cancer.
4) Drug and gene (siRNA) delivery
Requirements: Master’s degree or above in organic chemistry, pharmaceutics, nano-biomaterials or polymer chemistry.
5) Immunology or pathology
Requirements: Master’s degree or above in immunology and pathology, 2-5 years of experience in tissue sample surgery, segmentation, tissue section, and related fields.
6) Small interfering RNA and its chemistry
Requirements: Master’s degree or above in pharmaceutics, molecular biology, biochemistry or related fields; familiar with small interfering RNAs, optimization of drug carriers, and identification of their physical and chemical properties.
7) Protein Chemistry/Biochemistry of Nucleic Acids
Requirements: experience in protein/peptide separation and purification, gel filtration, immunoprecipitation, ultracentrifugation and gradient centrifugation, gel electrophoresis (horizontal, vertical), protein staining, dialysis, and proteomics.
Requirements: experience in pharmacology, medicine and animal oncology research, establishment of small animal tumor models, liver fibrosis models, subcutaneous tumor inoculation models (xenograft), in vivo injections (iv, ip, subcutaneous), animal surgery, and sample collection and processing.
Research Directions (II)
Chemistry, physical chemistry, electrochemistry, materials science and engineering or related research fields
Areas of Research:
1) Aqueous hybrid electrochemical systems
Requirements: Electrochemistry, physical chemistry, nanomaterials, and experience in aqueous hybrid battery systems preferred.
2) Nano metal-oxide electrode materials
Requirements: Electrochemistry, physical chemistry, nanomaterials, and experience in nano metal-oxide electrode materials preferred.
3) Battery systems
Requirements: Chemistry, physics, electrochemistry, materials science and engineering, and experience in novel aqueous batteries(e.g., sodium ion, zinc-lithiumand zinc-bromine batteries) or familiar with battery cells and systems preferred.
4) Cathode and anode materials
Requirements: Materials, electrochemistry, priority given to those familiar with electrolytic manganese oxides, lithium manganate precursors, cathode and anode materials of aqueous lithium ion or sodium ion batteries.
5) Cathode and anode current collectors
Requirements: Materials, electrochemistry, priority given to those familiar with aqueous cathode and anode current collectors, carbon conductive agents, nickel-based cathodes (as in nickel-zinc, nickel-cadmium systems).
1) The support for PhD students and postdoctoral fellows will be higher than the industry standard;
2) Postdoctoral fellows, an important part of the team, will enjoy certain living allowances, in addition to an annual salary. After completion of the appointment, they can apply for professional positions at the University;
3) Qilu University of Technology (Shandong Academy of Sciences) is a government institution and enjoys various government support policies for recruited talents;
Salary treatments for leading talents, discipline leaders and young talents will be on a case by case basis.
1) Applicants are requested to provide a resume with a remark on the position of interest, including research awards, topics, and papers.
2) Provide scanned copies of relevant certificates: academic qualifications, degree certificates; professional title certificates; writings, research projects, patents, and award certificates.
3) Delivery email: email@example.com (mail title: name + research interests).