Stem Cell Processing Specialist I
- 16 Feb 2023
- 17 Apr 2023
- Health Science
- Job Type
- Employment - Hours
- Full time
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, a NCI designated comprehensive care center, is consistently ranked on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Places to Work For” list. Because at our world-class pediatric research hospital, every one of our professionals shares our commitment to make a difference in the lives of the children we serve.
The Human Applications (Cellular Therapy) Laboratory supports the Department of Bone Marrow Transplantation and Cellular Therapy by providing products for patients enrolled in investigator-initiated clinical research protocols. The laboratory supports many treatment trials for cancer and genetic diseases, using primary hematopoietic graft products and genetically modified products for sickle cell disease and CAR T-Cell therapy applications. The Human Applications Laboratory is composed of two sections, the Quality Control Section providing product analysis by flow cytometry and product quality testing for sterility, and the Stem Cell Processing Section providing cellular therapy product processing in accordance with good tissue practices and good manufacturing practices.
Contributing to our mission of finding cures and saving children, we are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated professional to join the Stem Cell Processing Section as a Specialist I. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing complex, highly specialized technical processing procedures, using aseptic technique and maintaining attention to detail for technical and documentation functions.Cellular therapy processing experience is preferred. Essential computer skills, such as Word, Excel and Outlook as well as flexibility, teamwork, and good communication skills are required for this position.
Ability to work in teams and effectively communicate transitions in work processes.
Excellent mathematical skill, analytical skill, and technical dexterity.
Ability to function in a cleanroom environment and sustain prolonged physical exertion.
Routine schedule is Monday through Friday with flexibility in shift hours as needed for processing procedures. (Rotates On-Call Coverage approximately every 6 weeks.)
- Performs all technical processing procedures and routine quality functions related to the Stem Cell Processing Laboratory
- Technical processing areas include product characterization, graft manipulation, cryopreservation and storage
- Quality functions include quality documentation, adherence to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), current Good Tissue Practices (cGTP) and laboratory quality control practices
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Medical Technology or a Biological Science.
- Minimum, one (1) year of work in relevant clinical laboratory (immunology, blood banking or other) or two (2) years of relevant cell therapy application experience required.
- Certification as a Medical Technologist by ASCP, NCA, or AMT is preferred.
- Tennessee licensure as Medical Technologist preferred.