Researcher / Senior Researcher / Lead Researcher Opportunity in Flow Cytometry
- 16 Feb 2023
- 17 Apr 2023
- Health Science
- Job Type
- Employment - Hours
- Full time
We are seeking a highly-motivated individual to become a member of the Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting Shared Resource, a large, state-of-the-art facility for single-cell analysis and isolation that serves a large number of independent investigators at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing or assisting with the daily operation of multiple flow cytometers, principally a cell sorter in this lab. This facility is equipped with state-of-the-art technology and is extraordinarily supported to enable us to provide a wide range of services. The successful candidate will gain the knowledge and skills to use multiple flow cytometry instruments among the 20 in this facility in performing a broad range of experiments.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience in performing multicolor flow cytometry is highly preferred
- Knowledge of BD DIVA and/or Flowjo software is highly preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of users
- Experience in sterile and aseptic laboratory techniques
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Eagerness to learn and implement new techniques
- Functions as an integral member of a team of ten staff members in all daily operations, including experimental design and optimization, sample preparation, and utilization of flow cytometry equipment in advancing the progress of multiple research projects
- Analyzes and/or sorts samples and prepares presentations of results for end users on an independent and efficient basis using the facility’s equipment
- Collaborates with a large number of users from multiple departments across the organization
- Prioritizes tasks to ensure lab success and validates the daily operational performance of instrumentation
- Oversees, maintains, and operates a BD FACS Aria/Fusion cell sorter on a daily basis
- Develops and follows standard operating procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to meet the goals and objectives of the department and institution.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant scientific area is required for all levels
- Five (5) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Bachelor’s degree
- Two (2) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Master’s degree
- No experience is required with a PhD degree
- Two (2) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Bachelor's degree.
- No experience is required with a Master's or PhD degree.
- No experience is required with a Bachelor's degree
- Basic laboratory experience is preferred.
- Will also consider current students with an anticipated graduation date within 3 months of application. Verification of degree is required prior to start date.