- 15 Feb 2023
- 16 Apr 2023
- Health Science
- Job Type
- Employment - Hours
- Full time
At St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, we know what can be achieved when the brightest scientific minds face the fewest barriers. That’s why we provide world-class facilities, state-of-the-art technologies, and extraordinary support for your research to ensure scientific progress is never halted from a lack of resources. At St. Jude, you will be part of a collaborative, bench-to-bedside environment where you can see, firsthand, how your science translates into survival for the children we serve.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated scientist to join the newly formed Center of Excellence in Innate Immunity and Inflammation (CoE-III) to work with Dr. Thirumala Devi-Kanneganti. The mission of the CoE-III is to define innate immune mechanisms driving health and disease, with key focus areas of understanding the fundamental mechanisms of III and investigating III across the disease spectrum, from infection to inflammatory diseases and cancer.
The World’s Brightest Minds Always Innovate
At St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, we know what can be achieved when the brightest scientific minds face the fewest barriers. That’s why we provide world-class facilities. State-of-the-art technologies. Extraordinary support. And a collaborative, bench-to-bedside environment where you can see, firsthand, how your science translates into survival for the children we serve. Quite simply, at St. Jude, we encourage you to dream big, and we give you everything you need to be the force behind our cures.
What St Jude Gives to You:
- Generous time off policy
- Excellent health care with employer-paid employee insurance premiums
- Access to an on-campus gym
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site Health Clinic and Pharmacy
- Immigration Services
We are seeking a detail-oriented team member to fulfill the biochemistry objectives of the CoE, including performing biochemical assessments of innate immune molecules, including proteins, protein complexes, and protein-nucleic acid interactions. The successful candidate will conduct independent research in molecular biology and protein biochemistry, including:
- Protein purification
- Protein construct design, tagging, and expression in multiple cell lines, including baculovirus and mammalian expression systems
- Mass spectrometry sample preparation pipelines
- Protein-protein interaction studies
- Co-immunoprecipitation experiments
- Structural analyses
Candidates should be responsible, reliable, self-motivated problem-solvers with a high level of efficiency, especially while multitasking. Experience working with mammalian and primary cells, as well as experience with mass spectrometry and immunology, is a plus.
This position will support multiple projects across the CoE, and you will have the opportunity to collaborate with faculty and staff across the CoE and with the outstanding St. Jude core facilities. You will also be responsible for maintaining critical cell lines needed for protein expression and other CoE objectives. All candidates are expected to have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work independently, and the ability to work constructively as a member of a diverse team.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant scientific area is required.
- Master's degree or PhD in an appropriate scientific field is strongly preferred.
- Seven (7) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required
- Five (5) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Master's degree
- Three (3) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a PhD