Taiyang and Loong PhD scholarships in Computational Biology
- Australian National University (ANU)
- 12 Feb 2023
- 13 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- PhD Studentship
- Employment - Hours
- Full time
We are seeking candidates to join the PhD program of the John Curtin School of Medical Research (JCSMR) at the ANU. Successful candidates will join the new Talo Computational Talent Accelerator of the JCSMR to apply knowledge and research skills from computer science to address biomedical problems. We offer PhD scholarships for intellectually curious and high-performing students with a thirst for cross-disciplinary learning and impact in health and biology.
Over a four-year program, PhD scholars will engage in computational biology research at the JCSMR. The program will include focused training on Biology, Genomics, and Biological Data Analysis, as well as outreach activities to undergraduate and masters students. Additional soft-skill training will be available, with a special focus on effective partnerships with biomedical scientists.
Besides the production of outstanding research and accomplishment of a PhD degree, the objectives of these PhD scholarships also include to:
- Achieve an in-depth understanding of biomedical science and the ability to communicate across diverse backgrounds.
- Understand biomedical problems and identify the right technology to address them.
- Identify potential applications of new computational technologies to biomedicine that may produce new insights and advances in research and innovation.
- Identify the translational applications of these technology developments.
- Exposure to applications of computational technologies in industry and startup companies
More information of the scholarships can be found on this page Taiyang and Loong PhD Scholarship - ANU
A list of potential PhD projects is available here: Potential PhD projects | The John Curtin School of Medical Research (anu.edu.au)
More information about the research happening at JCSMR can be found here: https://jcsmr.anu.edu.au/
We recommend prospective candidates to contact first potential supervisors to prepare the application.
Applications for International and Domestic candidates closes on the 15th April 2023.