Postdoctoral Scientist (m/f/d)
- 09 Feb 2023
- 10 Apr 2023
- Life Science
- Job Type
- Employment - Hours
- Full time
- Fixed term
The Leibniz Institute for Food Systems Biology at the Technical University of Munich (Leibniz- LSB@TUM), alegal foundation under civil law in Freising, is a research institution of the Leibniz Association that combines methods of biomolecular basic research with analysis methods of bioinformatics and analytical high performance technologies to investigate the complex interplay between the human organism and food ingredients.
The research group Metabolic Function & Biosignals / Section II at Leibniz-LSB@TUM is currently looking for a
Postdoctoral Scientist (m/f/d)
to start on 01.03.2023 (100% TV-L E13). The position is to be filled for a period of 2 years, with the option of contract extension.
Research project and work environment
You will have the great opportunity to join the LSB’s research group “Metabolic Function & Biosignals” as a postdoctoral scientist. The group focuses on chemoreceptor-mediated effects of food constituents on the human body or other biosystems that go beyond sensory perception. As such, you will be working in a multidisciplinary environment, utilizing methods of various research fields, including cell biology, chemical and bioanalysis, to find new, innovative ways to advance food reformulation, develop personalized nutrition concepts or ensure high food quality & safety for a changing world. The specific objectives of the project will be developed in relation to the candidate’s experience and interests.
Your area of responsibility includes
- Elaborating and advancing research projects in an independent way, utilizing, maintaining and developing the available, extensive infrastructure
- Independently developing new analytical methods (together with other team members), e.g. for laser ablation-ICP-MS, that help the research group achieve its aims
- Co-supervision of fellow scientists (Ph.D. candidates, lab technician, bachelor and master students)
- Interdisciplinary collaborations with other groups at the LSB and beyond
Requirements and desired expertise:
The ideal applicant should have
- A Ph.D. degree with a strong background in instrumental analytics (ICP-MS, LC-MS), experience in molecular biology or bioinformatics
- Several years of professional experience in science or in a scientific environment, preferably in the field of analytics and physiological chemistry as well as publications in internationally recognized journals
- Interest in food systems biology, food-related research and experimental techniques in molecular biology food chemistry
- The ambition and ability to supervise fellow scientists
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in German and very good knowledge of English
- An adept handling of common computer software
- A very high degree of teamwork, initiative, organizational skills and reliability
- A confident and friendly appearance
In addition to a varied workplace where your performance counts, we offer
- a performance-related salary in accordance with TV-L, in-line with your personal qualifications and the personal prerequisites
- an interesting and varied task area in the field of university research
- a motivated team that is looking forward to welcoming you
- flexible working times and therefore good compatibility of work and family
- company pension scheme
- special annual payment
In the case of essentially reciprocal suitability, severely-disabled applicants as defined SGB IX will be preferred.
Please address any questions on current topics to Prof. Veronika Somoza (email@example.com).
Send your application with the usual documents, containing your comprehensive CV and transcripts as well as names of three potential references electronically as a PDF file to the following address, citing the reference number 2022-17-S2-VS:
Katharina Ranner (Human Resources Department) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes on data protection
As a part of your application for a position at Leibniz-LSB@TUM, you have submitted personal data to us.
Please note our data protection information in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regarding the collection and processing of personal data in the context of your application. By submitting your application, you confirm that you have taken note of the data protection information of Leibniz-LSB@TUM.
Apply for Postdoctoral Scientist (m/f/d)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly