Postdoctoral Associate- Gastroenterology
- Baylor College of Medicine (BCM)
- 08 Feb 2023
- 09 Apr 2023
- Health Science
- Job Type
- Employment - Hours
- Full time
The Department of Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, is recruiting for a Postdoctoral Associate for Dr. Bingning Dong's Lab. Dr. Dong's laboratory focuses on investigating the mechanisms that regulate obesity associated metabolic diseases and cancer and developing novel therapeutic strategies. The research program is highly collaborative and integrative, using cutting-edge experimental approaches involving cell culture system, primary cell and organoid cultures, ex vivo models, and mouse models combined with multiple-omics and bioinformatics analysis.
- Plans, directs, and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments under the mentorship and guidance of Dr. Bingning Dong.
- Performs bench work using various molecular biology techniques and taking the major responsibility in one of the major research projects in the lab.
- Collaborates with clinicians and bioinformaticians in the department and other members in the Dong lab for various research projects.
- Participates in data processing, discussion, analysis and reporting as well as manuscript preparation and conference presentations. Will be responsible for laboratory operations.
- Supervises junior graduate students or undergraduates in the lab.
- Reviews manuscripts related to their area of research and to help write grants related to their research as these are essential components of a broad training program.
- Participates in weekly lab meetings to share work in progress.
- Presents routinely at a journal club papers chosen are relevant to the research to provide important context and perspectives.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Experience with animal models/ organoid models, metabolism, cancer and immunology is preferred.
- Candidates should be enthusiastic about collaborative and interdisciplinary research, be highly motivated to develop as an independent scientist, have a strong work-ethic and demonstrate excellent scientific and English communication skills.
- A recent Ph.D degree with less than two years experience in post-doctoral training.
- Prior first author publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Highly motivated to pursue a career in biomedical research.
- Excellent communication, time management and teamwork skills.
- Enough English language proficiency (TOEFL 90 or IELTS 6.5 or equivalent).
- Application documents needed: a cover letter to state research interests, an updated resume, and contact information of minimal three references.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.