Postdoc: Integration of perovskites on nano-mechanical testing platform
- KU Leuven
- 08 Feb 2023
- 08 Apr 2023
- Life Science
- Job Type
- Employment - Hours
- Full time
- Fixed term
- Professional certification
To strengthen our team in the division "Surface Analysis and Interfacial Chemistry" in Berlin-Steglitz, starting as soon as possible, we are looking for a
PhD student (m/f/d) in the field of chemistry, physics, materials sciences or a related field
Salary group 13 TVöD
Temporary contract for 36 months
The working time is 65%
We are looking for talented people to join us.
Your responsibilities include:
- Morphological characterization of graphene-related 2D materials with HR-SEM, AFM, optical microscopy, imaging ellipsometry, etc.
- Chemical characterization of graphene-related 2D materials with ToF-SIMS, Auger electron microscopy, XPS, SEM/EDX
- Correlative analysis morphology-chemistry
- Support of the work package leader AP2 "Development of a Characterisation Framework" in the organisation of the planned tasks in the EU project "Green deal inspired correlative imaging-based characterization for safety profiling of 2D materials (ACCORDs)".
- Cooperation with the other project partners regarding material synthesis and biological experiments
- Regular reporting to the supervisors and publication of the results in scientific journals
- Presentation of results at workshops and conferences as well as publications
- Successfully completed university degree (master's/diploma) in chemistry, physics, materials science or a related field
- Prior knowledge in the characterization of nano-objects
- Experience with different surface sensitive methods
- Programming skills
- Experience with graphene flakes is desirable
- Good communication and information behaviour, goal-oriented and structured way of working, ability to work in a team and willingness to cooperate, willingness to learn as well as conceptual, strategic and innovative thinking skills
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface of politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Flexible working hours and mobile working
Your application:We welcome applications via the online application form by 31.12.2022. Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, quoting the reference number 374/22-6.1 to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und ‑prüfung
Referat Z.3 – Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Dr. Vasile-Dan Hodoroaba will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104‑3144 and/or by email to Dan.Hodoroaba@bam.de.
BAM pursues the goal of professional equality between women and men. We therefore particularly welcome applications from women. In addition, BAM supports the integration of severely disabled persons and therefore especially welcomes their applications. With regard to the fulfilment of the job advertisement requirements, the application documents are examined individually. Recognised severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration if they are equally suitable.
The advertised position requires a low level of physical aptitude.
BAM actively supports the compatibility of work and family and has been certified as a family- and life-phase-conscious employer by the "audit berufundfamilie" since 2015.