Postdoctoral fellowship in Water Desalination and Machine Learning
7 days left
- KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)
- 08 Feb 2023
- 07 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Employment - Hours
- Full time
- Fixed term
Thuwal, Saudia Arabia
Feb 01, 2023
The Innovations in Desalination Technologies Theme at Water Desalination and Reuse Center (WDRC) in King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), invites suitably qualified applicants holding a PhD in chemical, environmental or process engineering, to apply for a full-time post-doctoral fellowship position in the field of water desalination, focusing on the development of an artificial intelligence framework for RO systems. Candidates with background in conventional and innovative membrane-based technologies with data driven modeling approach are encouraged to apply for this position. We are looking for young scientists who are passionate about water desalination and machine learning with its potentially transformative applications in research and industry. The two-year post-doctoral position, with possible extension, is fully funded by an industry partner. Effective oral and written communication skills in English are key for dissemination purposes.
Required technical skills:
• Deep knowledge in membrane desalination technologies.
• Experience in Pilot facility is an advantage.
• Experience with computational frameworks for machine learning (e.g., PyTorch and TensorFlow).
• Experience with high-performance computational environments (e.g., cloud and clusters).
• Experience with handling large-scale datasets through Python.
• Solid background in statistics and probability theory.
• Track record of high quality publication.
To apply visit https://apptrkr.com/3858314.