Postdoctoral Fellow Appointee
- Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey
- 08 Feb 2023
- 09 Apr 2023
- Life Science
- Job Type
- Employment - Hours
- Full time
- Fixed term
Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow Appointee in Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey for Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences.
The primary purpose of the Postdoctoral Appointee position is to conduct independent laboratory research under the direction of the Principal Investigator. The research interest of the lab is to conduct cancer research affecting a variety of tissues to study cancer epigenetics and develop new epigenetic approaches for cancer treatment. Specifically, the candidate will develop a new cancer vaccine strategy by combining epigenetic approaches and personalized vaccines. The candidate will test this strategy in mouse models and will also conduct some studies in human cultured cells/tumor tissues/data for future clinic application.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Works under the direction of the principal investigator (PI).
- Designs and performs molecular biology, tissue culture, animal, and immunology experiments related to the project.
- Analyzes data and results. Prepares written reports of research experiments.
- Gives oral presentations of the research.
- Shares common lab responsibilities.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to publish scientific research papers/articles.
- Candidates should have a recent Ph.D. degree relevant to cancer biology or immunology area.
- Qualified candidates must be in the process of completing or have finished the training for a Ph.D. and/or M.D.
- Candidates must provide proof that all requirements have been fulfilled before their position start date.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively is also essential.
- Computer literate with proficiency and working knowledge of database and reporting tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Strong background in molecular biology, cancer biology, and/or immunology preferred.
- Some expertise in computational biology will be considered a plus.