Research Assistant Professor
- The University of Hong Kong (HKU)
- Hong Kong
- 07 Feb 2023
- 08 Apr 2023
- Life Science
- Job Type
- Principal Investigator
- Employment - Hours
- Full time
- Fixed term
Applications are invited for appointment as Research Assistant Professor in the HKU-Pasteur Research Pole of the School of Public Health, The University of Hong Kong, to commence as soon as possible, on a three-year fixed-term basis, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability.
HKU-Pasteur Research Pole, a joint laboratory created as a long-term collaborative project between Institut Pasteur and the University of Hong Kong (HKU), has an exceptional record of excellence in virology and immunology research (http://www.hkupasteur.hku.hk/). We are seeking talented, dynamic and highly motivated candidates to establish a new research group that will complement ongoing projects in the areas of respiratory virus infection and vector-borne viruses.
Applicants should have a doctoral degree by research (M.D. and/or Ph.D.) obtained within 8 years. They should have a strong track record of publications and achievements in a relevant research area with demonstrated potential for leadership. The primary selection criterion will be scientific excellence and the perceived ability to augment the intellectual creativity, skills, and innovation potential of HKU-Pasteur Research Pole. We are particularly interested in applicants with international experience and those who are capable of applying innovative approaches to understand virus-host interactions and T-cell immunity.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits. At current rlates, salaries tax does not exceed 15% of gross income. The appointment will attract a contract-end gratuity and the University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totaling up to 15% of basic salary.
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload the following documents in ONE SINGLE file arranged in the specified order:
1. A cover letter describing your most significant scientific accomplishment and the qualifications that make you particularly well suited for this job;
2. A curriculum vitae and publication list highlighting the most important papers with detailed bibliometric information on each publication listed, including (i) the impact factor of the journal; (ii) journal rank in category in the format of ‘the rank out of total number of journals in that specific category’, with reference to Journal Citation Reports (JCR); and (iii) authorship role ((co-)first author, (co-)corresponding author or last author).
3. A statement of scientific achievements (1 page) and a brief description of the applicant's future research plan (2 pages);
4. 3 letters of reference should be sent separately to email@example.com.
Review of applications will start ASAP and continue until the post is filled.
The University thanks applicants for their interest, but advises that only shortlisted applicants will be notified of the application result.