Postdoctoral Scholar (Franklin Huang lab at UCSF)
- San Francisco
- 06 Feb 2023
- 07 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Employment - Hours
- Full time
- Fixed term
Job Title: Postdoctoral Scholar in the Franklin Huang Lab
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
The Franklin Huang Lab at UCSF (franklinhuanglab.ucsf.edu) is seeking a highly motivated and talented postdoctoral researcher to join our team. The successful candidate will work on cutting-edge research projects in the field of cancer biology and cancer genomics with a focus in prostate cancer. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic and interdisciplinary environment and to contribute to the application of technologies including single cell genomics, CRISPR/Cas9, and high-throughput screens to understanding cancer development, drug resistance, and mechanisms of gene regulation. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead projects into the identification and characterization of new therapuetic targets in cancer. We are excited to work with enthusiastic and outstanding scientists passionate about advancing cancer research.
- Conduct independent research in the field of cancer genomics and cancer biology and contribute to the ongoing research projects in the lab.
- Develop and implement new experimental techniques and methods.
- Collaborate with other members of the lab and contribute to the overall research goals of the lab.
- Present research findings at conferences and publish research papers in high-impact journals.
- Mentor graduate students and help with the training and development of junior researchers in the lab.
- PhD or MD/PhD in biological sciences, molecular biology (or related field) with a strong background in molecular biology and tissue culture techniques.
- Prior experience in cancer biology is preferred. Experience with organoids is a plus.
- A track record of high-quality research as evidenced by publications in journals.
- Strong technical and analytical skills and experience with a variety of experimental approaches and methods.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a lab environment.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
The Franklin Huang Lab is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups in science.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits. To apply, please send a CV, cover letter, a brief statement of research interests, and the names and contact information of three references to Dr. Franklin Huang at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
UCSF is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Postdoctoral Scholar (Franklin Huang lab at UCSF)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly