Senior Principal Researcher Area Lead
- Dubai Electricity & Water Authority DEWA
- 31 Jan 2023
- 25 Apr 2023
- Environmental Science
- Job Type
- Head of Department
- Employment - Hours
- Full time
Senior Principal Researcher Area Lead
DescriptionDevelop and lead multiple research projects/initiatives within the Water research area, contribute to the area research strategy aligned to DEWA R&D's research strategy and internal/external stakeholder requirements, by implementing endorsed practices on research, project management and knowledge management, while having an international reputation and wider contribution to the global R&D community.
- Research Projects Planning, Approval & Execution: Plan, initiate and oversee the research programs, projects & initiatives in the Water research area, including planning and managing junior team members' tasks, to achieve project objectives along with development of R&D capabilities and technology specific expertise
- Research Projects Execution: Conduct and lead desk, lab and field based research for projects related to own expertise, including planning and managing team members' tasks, to achieve project objectives along with development of R&D capabilities
- design, model, simulate, fabricate, test, characterize, troubleshoot the automation of 3D printing processes/flows, and
- Partnerships: Engage with specific stakeholders from DEWA BUs, external R&D centers, Universities, National Labs, etc. to achieve meaningful outcomes for related research projects under purview. Contribute to research centers of excellence in own research program, and support technology management team by coordinating with corporate and industry partners for project/initiative execution.
- Provide inputs to research program heads in exploring new research opportunities and possible service offerings for external stakeholders and contribute to development of technical content for initiatives related to research projects under purview, to achieve related objectives.
- Ensure accurate tangible and intangible valuation of R&D project outcomes such as impact on IP, reputation, DEWA BU processes, etc. Contribute independently to achievement of IP related objectives including number of publications, invention disclosures and patent grants, and comply with IP management process
- Contribute towards identifying opportunities for continuous improvement across one’s scope of work, in order to drive efficiencies and achieve the DEWA R&D's strategic objectives.
The candidate should be comfortable leading a team of dynamic, research-oriented group of employees with several ongoing concurrent projects. Thinking out of the box and comfort in bridging cross-disciplinary silos to conduct innovative research are strongly desirable qualities.
- PhD in a related discipline e.g., Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, etc.
- Scopus-indexed publication records
- Intellectual property (patent) records
- Strong research experience and industrial experience and ability in Water research
- Minimum 12 years of experience post PhD
- Experience handling large teams
- Experience engaging with Internal and External stakeholders
- Experience planning and managing junior team members' tasks
- Experience leading a department with several reports
- Identify best practices in Water research, especially for planning and executing research programs, to contribute to high quality research outcomes
- Measure, test and evaluate data on technology demonstration projects in coordination with Technology Advancement and Demonstration team, to enable related objectives and successful partnerships with internal or external stakeholders.
- Guide Water researchers in budget planning and reviews for relevant research projects to ensure effective planning and execution of research projects and initiatives, while complying with DEWA process requirements for budgeting.
- Oversee resource planning and utilization in Water research area to ensure optimum utilization of available resources and on-time delivery of research project/initiatives. Contribute towards identifying opportunities for continuous improvement across one’s scope of work, in order to drive efficiencies and achieve the DEWA R&D's strategic objectives.
- Preferred experience related to DEWA R&D projects portfolio
- For UAE Nationals: Masters/PhD Degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, or equivalent) or Science (Material, Physics, Chemistry) (Minimum 10 years of Experience)
To apply, send your cover letter, CV with complete list of publications/patents, iii) at least three names of references with contact information in one PDF-document and optionally other documents to R&D Recruitment R&D.Recruitment@dewa.gov.ae Please include the Area and Position Code in the subject line of the email.
About the employer
DEWA is one of the largest enterprises in the UAE, offering a dynamic work environment, internationally competitive salary packages, and living in the vibrant city of Dubai. The DEWA R&D Center is housed in a state-of-the-art laboratory facility located at the Mohammed Bin Rashid Solar Park, one of the largest of its kind in the world.
Apply for Senior Principal Researcher Area Lead
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly