Group Head Biosystems Engineering (m/f/d)
6 days left
It is about you and the contribution of our entire team at Engineering & Technology (E&T) to deliver safe, reliable, and sustainable, technological solutions and innovations for BAYER.
We are looking for a dedicated and value driven group leader (m/f/d) to join Bayers Biosystems Engineering Team within E&Ts Bio-Technology Unit.
#BayerEngineering = Together we create value, for Bayer + for our customers!
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and develop an interdisciplinary team of scientists (PhDs, MScs, BScs), technicians and students and make sure that the abilities of all are engaged to fully realize the potential of the team
- Set strategic and operational goals for the Biosystems Engineering group in close collaboration with the Bio-Technology Management team and all divisional stakeholders
- Contribute to a global white bio-tech community to leverage synergies within Bayer and foster an inclusive culture in which everyone is encouraged to contribute to the success of the community
- Recognize the opportunities of white bio-technological approaches for the development and manufacturing of products in Bayer’s divisions Crop Science, Pharma and Consumer Health
- Drive for implementation of sustainable processes to reduce time to market, gain efficiency and lower cost
- Deliver measurable bio-process improvements in close alignment with the requirements of partners in R&D and product supply to create value for Bayer
- Supervise the development, scale-down, scale-up, automation and optimization of innovative upstream processes in close collaboration with various functions and sites globally
- Ensure scientific and technological excellence in the fields of white biotechnology, sustainability and bio-process engineering as well as anticipate disruptive trends for future applications, including novel methodologies and sustainable solutions
- Be accountable for resource management, budget, recruiting and continuous improvement of methods and workflows
WHO YOU ARE
We are excited about your talent and passion for the position Group Head Biosystems Engineering (m/f/d). Attracting the right talent is important to us. We would be happy to identify and shape the career and development opportunities you are looking for together with you, also on a part-time basis.
- Highly skilled bioprocess engineer (m/f/d) with a PhD degree and broad experience in the development, optimization and industrialization of microbial production processes for the manufacturing of biological products e.g., proteins, metabolites and spores
- Long-term industrial (and/or academic) experience in various positions including leadership roles
- Integrative and confident group leader (m/f/d) who builds a trustful, individual and empowering work environment, has a coaching leadership style, fosters inclusion and diversity as well as a healthy failure culture, develops the team, empowers, challenges the co-workers and builds strong bonds, guided by Bayers values
- Strategic and value driven personality with excellent project and stakeholder management skills
- Capability to maintain a large global cross-functional and cross-divisional network within Bayer and with external partners
- Capability to envision future trends to leverage the value of white biotechnology for Bayers portfolio
- Good knowledge of global best practices in biotechnology and basic understanding of cellular biology
- Self-driven, open-minded and track record in challenging the status quo
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong ability to manage ambiguity, uncertainty and change
- Fluent in English and German, both written and spoken