Founded in 1951, and based in Shanghai, East China Normal University (ECNU) is one of the top research universities in China. Directly under the Ministry of Education and sponsored by the national key university programs—“Project 211” and “Project 985”— our university is renowned for its teacher education and high-level research programs in both basic and applied sciences. In 2017, ECNU was selected into Class A of the “Double First-Class Program” (First Class University and First-Class Academic Discipline in the World), an education initiative launched by the Ministry of Education aiming at developing elite Chinese universities into world-class institutions by the end of 2050. Adhering to the strategy of pursuing interdisciplinary development, internationalization, and informatization, ECNU has made great achievements in talent training, scientific research, community service and international exchanges in the past few decades. With all these efforts, ECNU intends to fulfill its vision of “Creativity, Character and Community” and becomes a more prestigious university with higher visions. Join ECNU and grow up with us together!
ECNU invites applications for tenure-track faculty positions in multiple disciplines in all ranks from assistant researchers to professors.
(1) Distinguished Talents
With profound academic attainments and forward-looking academic vision, the ideal candidates should have achieved a number of high-level and original research results in the research field of your discipline, and have wide academic influence in the international arena, and can lead the development of your specific discipline.
(2) Purple River Outstanding Young Scholars
The ideal candidates should already got a doctorate degree or have done post-doctoral research, in principle, you should hold an associate professorship or above; you should be able to teach core undergraduate courses; you should have achieved outstanding academic results in your own area, have strong team leadership and organisational coordination skills, have great potential for innovation and development, and have the ability to your discipline to catch up with international advanced standards; In other words, competitive applicants should have reached the level to run for China’s National Young Talent Programme.
(3) Purple River Young Scholars
The ideal candidates should have obtained a doctorate degree or have been engaged in post-doctoral research (in principle, applicants in science and technology disciplines should have 12 months or more of continuous teaching and research or post-doctoral research experience), you have achieved high-level research results recognized by your peers, have outstanding development potential, and are expected to become young leaders in your disciplines.
(4) Open recruitment of Associate Professors (Prospective Associate Professors) at home and abroad
The ideal candidates should have post-doctoral or formal teaching experience, with good academic accumulation and systematic and innovative research, and have achieved peer-recognised results at home and abroad and be able to teach core and cutting-edge courses in the discipline.
(5) Ming Yuan Morning Glory Young Scholar Programme
The candidates should have a doctorate or have done post-doctoral research, with a good foundation in scientific research and has achieved certain academic results and has good development potential.
(6) Full-time Researchers
There are three categories of full-time research staff: full-time researcher, full-time associate researcher and full-time assistant researcher. If interested, please contact us for more details.
(7) Postdoctoral Researchers
The ideal candidates should have obtained a doctorate degree, have a good foundation in scientific research and have achieved certain academic results. All of the above positions offer generous salary and welfare in accordance with the relevant policies of the Shanghai Municipality and we help solve your children’s schooling based on the excellent education resources provided by our affiliated schools.
Join us and let your children enjoy the city's high-quality education resources from kindergarten to high school.
• Personnel Department Contactor: Mr.Wang Office Tel: 86-21-62235058, 86-21-62232452 Email: email@example.com
• Department of Chinese Language and Literature Contactor: Ms.Zhang, Mr.Fang Office Tel: 86-21-54340680 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
• Department of History Contactor: Ms.Li Office Tel: 86-21-54342643 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Department of Philosophy Contactor: Mr.Wang Office Tel: 86-21-54344877 Email: email@example.com
• School of Foreign Languages Contactor: Ms.Shu Office Tel: 86-21-54340725 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• School of Communication Contactor: Mr.Qi Office Tel: 86-21-54343075 Email: email@example.com
• School of International Chinese Studies Contactor: Ms.Yao Office Tel: 86-21-62232196 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • Si-mian Institute for Advanced Studies in Humanities Contactor: Ms.Wang Office Tel: 86-21-54345285 Email: email@example.com
• Faculty of Education Sciences Contactor: Ms.Xie Office Tel: 86-21-62233607 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• School of Psychology and Cognitive Science Contactor: Mr.Zhang Office Tel: 86-21-62230090 Email: email@example.com
• School of Sports and Health Contactor: Ms.Jin Office Tel: 86-21-54342614 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• School of Marxism Contactor: Mr.Liang Office Tel: 86-21-62231055 Email: email@example.com
• School of Politics and International Relations Contactor: Mr.Pan Office Tel: 86-21-54342902 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• School of Social Development Contactor: Ms.Ding Office Tel: 86-21-34756050 Email: email@example.com
• School of Law Contactor: Ms.Lin Office Tel: 86-21-33503655 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Faculty of Economics and Management Contactor: Ms.Zhang、Ms Wang Office Tel: 86-21-62231013 Email: email@example.com
• School of Mathematics Science Contactor: Ms.Yang Office Tel: 86-21-54342609 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• School of Physics and Electronic Science Contactor: Ms.Feng Office Tel: 86-21-54342731 Email: email@example.com
• School of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering Contactor: Ms.Shen Office Tel: 86-21-54340115 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• School of Life Sciences Contactor: Ms.Wang Office Tel: 86-21-54342603 Email: email@example.com
• School of Geographic Sciences Contactor: Mr.Liu Office Tel: 86-21-54341218 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• School of Urban and Regional Sciences Contactor: Ms.Li Office Tel: 86-21-54341305 Email: email@example.com
• School of Ecology and Environmental Sciences Contactor: Ms.Song Office Tel: 86-21-54341162 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• State Key Laboratory of Estuarine and Coastal Research Contactor: Ms.Wang Office Tel: 86-21-54836491 Email: email@example.com
• School of Computer Science and Technology Contactor: Ms.Song Office Tel: 86-21-62224237 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Software Engineering Institute Contactor: Ms.Yang Office Tel: 86-21-62235208 Email: email@example.com
• School of Data Science and Engineering Contactor: Ms.Yu Office Tel: 86-21-62235027 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• School of Communication and Electroinc Engineering Contactor: Ms.Cai Office Tel: 86-21-54345155 Email: email@example.com
• School of Music Contactor: Ms.Yang Office Tel: 86-21-54345317 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• School of Fine Arts Contactor: Ms.Li Office Tel: 86-21-54344588 Email: email@example.com
• School of Design Contactor: Ms.He Office Tel: 86-21-62232742 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• State Key Laboratory of Precision Spectroscopy Contactor: Ms.Liu Office Tel: 86-21-54836023 Email: email@example.com
• Institute of Eco-Chongming Contactor: Ms.Lu Office Tel: 86-21-59611221 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Institute of Urban Development Contactor: Ms.Zhang Office Tel: 86-21-62232980 Email: email@example.com
• Shanghai International School of Chief Technology Officer of East China Normal University Contactor: Ms.Wu Office Tel: 86-21-61911356 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Institute of Brain Science and Educational Innovation Contactor: Mr.Zhang Office Tel: 86-21-62233528 Email: email@example.com
• Institute of Medicine and Health Contactor: Ms.Zhao Office Tel: 86-21-54836178 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Institute of Socialist Historical Document Contactor: Ms. Zhou Office Tel: 86-21-54340167 Email: email@example.com
• Institute of AI Education,SH Contactor: Mr.Zhang Office Tel: 86-21-62233528 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WeChat: ECNU Talent Recruitment Platform