Sanofi Institute for Biomedical Research (SIBR) is seeking a highly motivated individual with extensive knowledge and research experience in degrader technologies (i.e. molecular glue, Protac, etc.) to join our institute located in Suzhou, China.
Position Overview & Key Responsibilities
1. Build and lead a team of scientists and technical staff at various levels to establish a degrader technology platform to enable small molecule drug discovery;
2. Conceptualize and execute research plans of target identification and validation, lead compound discovery/diversification/optimization, in vitro and in vivo preclinical studies, IND filing.
1. PhD, MD, or MD-PhD in chemistry, medicinal chemistry, or relevant background;
2. 5+ years of research experience in the biopharmaceutical industry;
3. 5+ years of experience as senior scientist, principal scientist, or (associate) director in a renowned biotech and/or biopharmaceutical company, working on small molecule drug discovery enabled by degrader technologies;
4. Previous experience of bringing projects from target identification/validation to successful IND filing is a plus;
5. Be able to effectively communicate and function in a highly multi-disciplinary and culturally diverse environment;
6. Fluent in English and Chinese.