Area of research:
Other,Diplom & Master
You are researching in the topic of formalizing differential equations (DEQ). A lot of temporal processes in the area of engineering can be described by DEQ. This can be systems such as mass-spring or charging a capacitor. You will apply temporal logic to this problem to define requirements for the described system and finally analyze which properties might be checked automatically.
As part of your work you will:
- analyze which classes of DEQs are common to engineering problems
- analyze existing temporal logics for their application to DEQs
- define a mapping for a set of selected temporal logics
- evaluate the capabilities as well as pros and cons regarding the applicability for verifying properties of the DEQ
- implement your findings into a prototype automatically checking a set of requirements for a given DEQ
If you enjoy software development and want to become part of our team, we look forward to receive your application. We are looking for highly motivated colleagues who can identify with their work and inspire others. We also offer you the opportunity to contribute with your own ideas and to initiate new projects on your own responsibility. You will be expected to present your work at international conferences and in scientific journals. We offer an exciting, friendly, and flexible working environment where part-time employment is also possible.
This research center is part of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. With more than 42,000 employees and an annual budget of over € 5 billion, the Helmholtz Association is Germany’s largest scientific organisation.