Climate Service Center
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
2 Postdoc positions (m/f/d)
code no. 2019/CS 12
The place of employment is Hamburg, Germany
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht in Geesthacht, near Hamburg, and in Teltow, near Berlin, conducts materials and coastal research. You can find more information at www.hzg.de.
The Climate Service Center Germany (GERICS) (www.gerics.de) at HZG and the University of Hamburg (https://www.uni-hamburg.de) have been cooperating since June 2016 in the newly founded Helmholtz-Institute for Climate Service Science (HICSS). HICSS aims at combining the joint competences of GERICS and the University of Hamburg in the natural, social and economic sciences for the research area of ?Climate Service Science?.
HICSS offers job openings for two Postdoc positions (m/f/d) for the project ?Institutional and socio-cultural preconditions for the effective co-development of localized actionable climate services – a comparison of Hamburg and São Paulo (iSPECS)? as soon as possible. The positions are limited to 20 month.
The project aims to identify the institutional and socio-cultural success factors for an effective provision and application of climate services. These factors will be identified in a comparative study of the cities of Hamburg (Germany) and São Paulo (Brazil). The project therefore consists of two case studies, which are coordinated but carried out independently of each other. One candidate will work on the case study in Hamburg, the other on the case study in São Paulo. The results will contribute to a better understanding and organization of co-development processes and thus ultimately to the joint development of more tailor-made climate services.
- stakeholder identification and mapping of relevant actors in Hamburg or São Paulo
- identification of institutional and socio-cultural success factors for transdisciplinary processes
- joint development of an appropriate analytical framework that can be applied in both case study areas
- preparation of scientific publications of project results in peer-reviewed journals
- doctorate in social sciences
- competent application and execution of methods such as semi-structured interviews, questionnaires, workshops, etc.
- excellent communication skills for specific target groups are a prerequisite, experience in dialogue with practical partners and in particular with urban planning actors
- experience in publishing articles in peer-reviewed journals
- willingness to work in an interdisciplinary team
- good understanding of the institutional environment in Hamburg or São Paulo
- fluent in written and spoken English, also fluent (written and spoken) in either German or Portuguese
For further information please contact Dr. Jörg Cortekar (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Prof. Dr. Anita Engels (email@example.com).
- multinational work environment with over 950 colleagues from more than 50 nations
- extensive options of vocational training (i. a. expert seminars, language courses or leadership seminars)
- flexible working hours and various models to ensure the compatibility of family and career
- excellent infrastructure, including a scientific in-house library as well as modern work spaces
- remuneration according to the standards of the collective wage agreement TV-AVH including further social benefits
The promotion of equal rights is a matter of course for us. Severely disabled persons and those equaling severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Please send us your application indicating job offer code-no. 2019/CS 12 preferably by e-mail in one file not larger than 10 MB to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for application is June 30th, 2019.