The Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences (IPC), the top research entity in Poland, invites applications for a position of:
Postdoctoral fellow (up to 15 positions)
to join: “From Postdoc to PI: the future leaders of ERA” (PD2PI).
“From Postdoc to PI: the future leaders of ERA” (PD2PI) is a novel programme of IPC dedicated to postdoctoral fellows with main focus on broadly understood chemistry with its links to medicine/biology and physics. IPC will select up to 15 Postdoc fellows to carry out own interdisciplinary research projects with the support of selected (by a candidate) mentors from IPC and excellent partner organizations (e.g. Ecole Polytechnique de Lausanne, Radboud University, Queen Mary University London, Leibniz Institute of Polymer Research). Candidates are free to choose research field from IPC offer and prepare own research proposal. Proposals will be the subject of peer-review (evaluation by external experts). PD2PI applies 3-i approach (i.e. intersectoral/-national/-disciplinary). The training research programme is tailored-made (based on individual Career Development Plans). The fellows will manage own budget, take care of junior researchers (as an option) to gain experience in management & co-supervision.
The successful candidate will be offered inter alia:
- employment contract (3-36 months) – full time position
- attractive salary (monthly ca. EUR 2,255 net + family allowance)
- budget for research, trainings & travels (up to EUR 1,400 per month)
- secondment option to partner institutions
- access to numerous interdisciplinary professional (incl. specialized & soft skills) trainings – in line with Individual Career Development Plan
- private medical package + other perks.
For the full remuneration package see: here
Main eligibility criteria:
- Mobility – researcher has not resided or carried out their main activity in Poland or in the country of the selected Partner organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
- PhD – possession of doctoral degree in chemistry, physics, materials science/engineering, biotechnology or related fields; or a formal document stating that the scheduled date of PhD thesis defence is prior to the call deadline, or documents confirming that a candidate has at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience prior to the call deadline.
Project eligibility under the PD2PI (e.g. project length 3 – 36 months, starting date – 2020).
For the full list of assessment criteria see: here.
- Research proposal, and an abstract,
- Curriculum Vitae,
- scan of PhD diploma or other documents proving 4-year full time equivalent research experience,
- letter of support of at least 1 mentor from IPC and 1 from another research organization,
- consent to the processing of the candidate’s personal data for the purpose of the competition & declaration that a candidate is an Experienced researcher fulfilling Mobility criterion.
Candidates for the PD2PI programme are invited to submit applications using
electronic module by the 15th of January, 2020. Call resolution: April 2020.
Best candidates who meet the expectations will be invited for an interview (also via Skype) March, 2020. The programme is co-financed from H2020 (Marie Sklodowska-Curie, Cofund-FP) and funds of the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
For appeal proceedings please see: PD2PI website.
The Institute is committed to employment equality (esp. European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers) and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates fulfilling the requirements specified in this announcement. We always provide feedback and opportunity to appeal in you don’t agree with call results.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No. 847413.