The Wallenberg - NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship, supported by the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation, provides a unique career opportunity for early-career researchers who are keen to develop their career and gain international experience in both Asia and Europe. The fellowship covers two years of independent research, split evenly between Nanyang Technological University Singapore (NTU Singapore) and with a Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program (WASP) research partner institution in Sweden.
Young and research-intensive, NTU Singapore is ranked among the world’s top universities. NTU has a vibrant research eco-system with a high proportion of early career researchers. It has a healthy environment for interdisciplinary research collaboration and the research is well funded. For more information, visit www.ntu.edu.sg.
The WASP is a major national initiative for strategically motivated basic research, education and faculty recruitment. It is by far the largest individual research program in Sweden. WASP has five partner universities: Chalmers University of Technology, Linköping University, Lund University, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, and Umeå University. In addition, research groups at Örebro University and Uppsala University that are members of WASP AI are also included in WASP. For more information, visit http://wasp-sweden.org.
The Wallenberg - NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship will be awarded to individuals who demonstrate the intellectual capacity and rigor to drive their own research in the broad and multi-disciplinary areas of
- Artificial intelligence,
- Machine learning,
- Big data and data analytics,
- Software and security, and
- Mobility and autonomy.
The Wallenberg- NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides a 2-year tenure, with time split evenly between NTU Singapore and a WASP research group in Sweden.
For the one year at NTU Singapore:
- A one-year research grant of up to SGD100,000.
- An annual salary of up to SGD80,000.
- Relocation allowance and generous housing allowance of up to SGD18,000 for entire duration of Fellowship.
- Opportunity to work with alongside leaders in science and engineering in the 5 focus areas of Wallenberg- NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship at NTU.
- Generous personal development opportunities and mentorship in an established research group.
- Opportunity to work with faculty in mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.
- Exposure to the most dynamic and diverse global growth regions.
For the one year in Sweden with a WASP research group:
- An annual support package including salary, senior supervision, travel, and other occurring costs, according to the WASP standard support for postdocs in Sweden.
- Opportunity to work alongside academic leaders in science and engineering at WASP research partner institutions in Sweden.
- Access to the infrastructure in the WASP funded research arenas.
- Opportunity to interact with the WASP graduate students and the WASP graduate school.
- Commitment to a one-year research stint respectively at NTU and at a WASP partner institution in Sweden.
- Graduated with a PhD degree not more than 5 years at the application time.
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence.
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career.
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader.
- Applicant is required to submit thoughtful and realistic research proposal in one of the five focus areas of Wallenberg- NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship.
How to apply
The application for the Wallenberg-NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2024 is open from 1 December 2023 to 31 January 2024, 2359hr (Singapore Time, UTC/GMT+8).
Applications must be submitted in electronic format via NTU Online Application Portal.
The following Supporting Documents have to be attached to the on-line application form. Interested applicants are advised to have them ready before applying on-line. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Cover Letter
- Comprehensive CV (with full publication list)
- Official transcript or Degree Certificate in English (PhD’s degree)
- Research proposal (in no more than 2 pages, template for download)
- Contact information of two referees (one must be PhD Supervisor)
- Top 3 publications (in PDF) and any other supporting documents (scanned copy)
For more information on the Wallenberg-NTU Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2024, please visit https://www.ntu.edu.sg/research/research-careers/presidential-postdoctoral-fellowship-(ppf).
Queries about the application can be directed to email@example.com