- Ongoing | Full Time | Salary commensurate with skills and experience
- Lucas Heights I Health & Wellbeing Programs / Flexible Work Arrangements
About the Opportunity
The Principal Radiochemist (Radiopharmaceuticals Manager) is to support the research and development of ANSTO’s research radiopharmaceuticals and radiolabelling technologies, primarily using reactor produced radioisotopes. The position manages and leads the development and optimisation work to enable new and improved radiopharmaceuticals for research applications. The position holder manages radiochemistry manufacturing capabilities to support the translation of radiopharmaceutical technologies into high-quality products. The position supports users, collaborators and partners across NST, ANSTO Nuclear Businesses, the nuclear medicine community, universities and industry, and builds productive national and international networks.
The Radiopharmaceuticals team is dedicated to advancing the development, manufacturing, and translation of radiopharmaceuticals for both preclinical and clinical assessments. We play a vital role in facilitating the modernisation of ANSTO's nuclear medicine manufacturing procedures, particularly in the context of the new Nuclear Medicine Manufacture Facility.
To lead this dynamic team of radiopharmaceutical radiochemists, we are actively seeking an esteemed Senior Radiochemistry Manager. This role requires a professional with a wealth of experience in radiochemical development, manufacturing, and translation. It's crucial that you not only possess technical expertise but also have a genuine passion for nurturing and developing your team's talents.
Furthermore, we are seeking an individual who demonstrates a deep understanding and practical application of safety, quality, and regulatory practices within the intricate field of radiochemistry. Your ability to champion these critical elements is paramount to our mission.
"Your ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with key stakeholders will be indispensable in achieving our goals. Strategic thinking, efficient resource allocation, and exceptional verbal and written communication skills are your strengths. These skills are fundamental to ANSTO's commitment to enabling and delivering radiopharmaceuticals of national significance, primarily by harnessing radioisotopes sourced from ANSTO's OPAL reactor. Join us in this exciting journey of scientific advancement and make a lasting impact on the field of radiopharmaceuticals". - Ivan Greguric, Head of Radiochemistry
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide scientific leadership and specialist expertise to ensure the effective development and deployment of radiochemistry capabilities for the development of preclinical and clinical radiopharmaceuticals. This includes the development of novel radiopharmaceuticals, radiolabelling, radio-automation and radioanalytical measurement methods to support ANSTO’s advanced manufacture and radiopharmaceutical research programs.
- Lead and manage routine radiopharmaceutical production and propose, evaluate, validate, and execute new and improved manufacture methods for routine supply of radiopharmaceuticals and radioisotopes to user communities.
- Lead and support the creation, development and execution of early-stage radiopharmaceutical and radiolabelling technologies. To support and develop radiochemistry capabilities, ANSTO business and external commercial and academic partners.
- Responsible for nuclear medicine community engagement to secure commercial revenue and grant funding opportunities, support ANSTO on-going manufacture and internal opportunities and develop collaborative relationships aligned within business plans, NST and ANSTO objectives.
ANSTO Careers Website: Principal Radiochemist (Radiopharm Mgr) (ansto.gov.au)