Location: New York, US or London, GB
Company: Springer Nature Group
About Springer Nature Group
Springer Nature opens the doors to discovery for researchers, educators, clinicians and other professionals. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals, platforms and technology solutions reach millions of people. For over 175 years our brands and imprints have been a trusted source of knowledge to these communities and today, more than ever, we see it as our responsibility to ensure that fundamental knowledge can be found, verified, understood and used by our communities – enabling them to improve outcomes, make progress, and benefit the generations that follow.
About the Brand
Nature Portfolio is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community. Visit nature.com and follow @Nature / @NaturePortfolio
Deputy Editor/Team Manager, Nature Medicine
New York or London
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023
Nature Medicine, the premier journal for translational and clinical research in the Nature Portfolio, publishing original magazine and peer-reviewed research in all areas of medicine on the basis of its originality, timeliness, interdisciplinary interest and impact on improving human health.
Our team is seeking a new Deputy Editor/Team Manager, who will oversee a team of editors dedicated to covering non-communicable diseases (NCDs), public and global health.
This is a critical role in the journal that requires in-depth knowledge of the clinical and health research landscape beyond your own specialty, outstanding networking skills and a desire to champion research that has real life impact.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A MD, or PhD (or equivalent) in the biomedical, health or clinical sciences, preferably with some post-doctoral or health policy experience.
- Strong work ethics and understanding of the potential of scientific research to help to reduce health inequalities globally.
- Demonstrated editorial experience in an NCD-relevant area preferably diabetes and endocrinology, cardiology, public health or global health.
- Familiarity with the clinical trials landscape, including peer-review and reporting standards.
- A collaborative spirit: you will be working in a team setting, striving to support and mentor others, and to maximize our collective success.
- Flexibility: be comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment and understanding that our priorities may change with the evolution of medical research and what’s happening in the world.
- Outstanding organization and time management skills; being able to set priorities for yourself and for others, and to adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Be eager to meet scientists worldwide, in person and virtually, learn more about them and their research, help them learn more about us and solicit submissions in areas of interest.
- Previous managerial experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
This is a full-time permanent position, located in our New York or London offices on a hybrid working model.
All applicants should send a CV and a brief cover letter explaining their interest in the position.
The closing date for applications is November 30, 2023.
Springer Nature US provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes the benefit offerings listed below:
• Medical, Dental and Vision
• 401(k) with company match and contribution
• Hybrid office working policy, Summer Hours, and paid time off
• Flexible Spending and Commuter programs
• Multiple Life insurance options
• Disability coverage
• Tuition Assistance
• Voluntary benefits: Identity Theft Protection, Pet Insurance, and Legal Assistance Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Family friendly benefits and a variety of employee discounts
• An array of Employee Social Networks
US Annualized Base Salary Range: $100,000 - $110,000. The salary offer may vary based on work experience, education, skill level and equity. The US salary range does not align with the salary ranges in other countries when converted to the currency of that country.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Internal applicants: We encourage that you speak to your manager once the interview process has started. At the point of offer acceptance, it is required that you inform your manager. If for any reason you’re unable to do so, please contact HR who can provide guidance as required.
At Springer Nature we value the diversity of our teams. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce with equitable opportunities for everyone. We strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles. Springer Nature was awarded Diversity Team of the Year at the 2022 British Diversity Awards. Find out more about our DEI work here. https://group.springernature.com/gp/group/taking-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion.
For more information about career opportunities in Springer Nature please visit https://careers.springernature.com/.