When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
As a Postdoctoral Scientist, you will work under the supervision and mentorship of Piotr Slomka, PhD, Director, Innovation in Imaging and Principal Investigator, as part of a medical imaging research and software development team within the Department of Medicine. You will participate in all aspects of the designated study, which aims to optimize the measurement of disease activity in coronary atherosclerosis using integrated 18F-NaF PET/CTA imaging. Duties include development and implementation of new research techniques and protocols, analysis and interpretation of data, and participation in publications and presentations as an author or co-author to support the objectives of the NIH research project. You will work independently, but in close cooperation and consultation with the Mentor/Principal Investigator and other scientists, Programmers, and physicians. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and executes established research projects to support the NIH project objectives under the guidance of the Principal Investigator.
- Develops and tests new image processing and software methods.
- Demonstrates current knowledge of new research techniques and protocols through scientific literature review and scientific meeting attendance.
- Presents research results at scientific meetings.
- Publishes results in peer-reviewed journals as author and co-author.
- Performs clinical validation of the study.
- Contributes to preparation of new grant proposals/studies as needed.
Experience and Skills:
- PhD in Computer Science or related field required
- Proficiency in C++ programming.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Proficiency in mathematics and 3D geometry.
- Experience in image processing, interactive imaging applications and/or computer vision.
- Basis system administration skills.
- Four (4+) years of programming experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent organization skills and very detail-oriented; learns new tasks quickly; self-motivated; works well independently with minimal supervision; works well with others; able to multitask.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with peers, patients, physicians, and other customers of the medical center.
Postdoctoral Scientist - Innovation in Imaging / Department of Medicine / Division of AIM - Slomka LabDepartment:
Home Dept - NobleBusiness Entity:
Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterJob Category:
8 hour shiftShift Type:
$64,500.00 - $93,600.00