Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Angeles Clinic & Research Institute has established an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments, and expertly guiding and training the next generation of clinicians. Our board-certified fellowship-trained medical oncologists, surgeons, immunotherapists, pathologists, and dermatologists work closely together to advance cancer care. We are committed to bringing innovative therapeutic options to all of our patients with cancer! Join our team and contribute to groundbreaking research! Job Summary:
This position functions as a Sr. Clinical Research Finance Coordinator, responsible for coordinating and executing the financial billing of clinical trials, formation of the Medicare Coverage Analysis grid, and the development of clinical trial budgets. He/She is responsible for the calculation of statistical, fiscal, and metric data as it relates to clinical trial activities. The Sr. CRFC also assures the building of budgets/contract agreements within the Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS). This individual will interact with principal investigators, subjects, clinic and research staff, laboratory staff, medical
professionals, pharmaceutical staff, and Sponsor representatives to successfully oversee the research billing aspects of the
Medical Care Foundation.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops and updates Medicare Coverage Analysis grids in order to assess which procedures/services within the protocol
are covered under Medicare guidelines. Works in conjunction with Cedars-Sinai Industry Sponsored Research Office in
order to produce a final document.
• Routinely monitors and reconciles trial accounts to ensure timely deposit, correct allocation, and distribution of revenue.
• Provides financial related data as needed, to internal team members and/or manager/director.
• Work with Accounts Payable to process and monitor that timely payments are made to various internal groups, external
partners, patients, and/or joint sites according to contractual/budgetary agreement.
• Responsible for accurate and timely fiscal data collection, documentation, entry and reporting into CTMS, including timely
response to sponsor communication.
• Develop and maintain statistical and fiscal reports as they relate to clinical trial activity on a monthly and fiscal year
• Process timely invoices which follow protocol driven procedures according to patient accruals/visits in order to seek
reimbursement from industry sponsors.
• Oversees and monitors billing work queue within the Electronic Medical Records system (EPIC) and adjudicates patient
bills according to final contract/budget.
• Critically evaluates research protocols to assess resource needs; assessment includes all research procedures, clinical
research staff time, investigator time, and costs from ancillary departments.
• Develops clinical trial budgets and negotiates with industry sponsors. Renegotiates budgets as part of trial maintenance
• Creates and finalizes payment terms (contract language) in conjunction with industry sponsor.
• Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the FDA and IRB Maintains strict patient confidentiality
according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
• Perform other duties as assigned Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED (Minimum)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- 2 years Clinical research budgeting/billing required
- CCRP - Certification In Clinical Research preferred
Perform continuous operation of apersonal computer for four hours or more.
Use hands and fingers to handle andmanipulate objects and/or operateequipment. Working Title:
Sr. Clinical Research Finance Coordinator Post-Award - The Angeles Clinic & Research InstituteDepartment:
Angeles ResearchBusiness Entity:
Cedars-Sinai Medical Care FoundationJob Category:
Contract & Grant Budgeting/FundingPosition Type:
8 hour shiftShift Type:
$28.52 - $44.21