The chosen candidate will work in a laboratory conducting cardiovascular research under the direct supervision of principal investigators (Drs. Ardehali and Pezhouman).The chosen candidate will design, organize and conduct highly specialized and advanced experiments using established scientific protocols and procedures and, in some cases, design new protocols; summarize data and publish findings in scientific journals; supervise and guide junior technicians, students, and researchers.
- Designs and implements research protocols; adapt new procedures, methods, or instrumentation relative to research procedures.
- Performs media preparation, animal maintenance, quality control analysis of reagents.
- Collects, prepares, and analyzes research data; keeps a detailed notebook summarizing experiments and recording research data; maintains computer database of research data; tabulates and displays data for presentation in research conferences and for manuscript preparation; uses graphics and statistical software to analyze and present data.
- Searches pertinent scientific literature as needed.
- Assists with ordering and procurement of supplies and equipment and with general maintenance of laboratory.
- Addresses issues in a proactive manner, quickly and efficiently completing tasks.
- Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.