About School of Pharmacy of ECUST
Established in September 2004, School of Pharmacy of ECUST is comprised of complementary research programs focused on Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Engineering and Plant Protection. Three disciplines of the school (Pharmacology and Toxicology, Clinical Medicine and Agricultural Science) are among the top 1% on the Thomson Reuters Essential Science Indicators (ESI) ranking. The school currently has two Shanghai key labs and two research centers of Pharmaceutical Research Excellence, focused on Chemical Biology, New Drug Design, Pharmaceutical Process Chemistry and Optogenetic Techniques for Cell Metabolism. Candidates will find research resources and collaborators in the school to help build their research programs.
We are seeking outstanding scientists to lead vigorous independent research programs focusing on all aspects across the spectrum of drug discovery, development and engineering including, but not limited to, computer-aided drug design, AI for drug discovery, chemical biology, pharmaceutics, drug metabolism, drug delivery and transport, pharmacokinetics, pharmaceutical analysis, translational and clinical science, pharmaceutical processes and engineering, especially those with interdisciplinary backgrounds, are encouraged to apply. The candidates who have extensive experience in teaching pharmacology, pharmaceutical analysis, pharmacy administration, and other relevant courses are especially welcomed in the school.
The school has position openings in the following labs or research centers:
Shanghai Key Lab of Chemical Biology;
Shanghai Key Lab of New Drug Design;
Engineering Research Center of Pharmaceutical Process Chemistry, Ministry of Education;
Shanghai Frontiers Science Center of Optogenetic Techniques for Cell Metabolism.
How to Apply: Please send Cover Letter, CV (including list of publications), summary of research achievements and future research plan to email@example.com
The State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering (SKLBE), hosted by East China University of Science and Technology (ECUST), is among the first generation of State Key Laboratories established in China. Founded in 1989 and authorized in 1995, SKLBE was formally opened to the public in 1996 with the approval from the Ministry of Science and Technology of China (MOST). Through more than 3 decades of unflagging efforts and recognized with 12 national awards, SKLBE has developed into a comprehensive research institution in bioreactor engineering with rich heritage, great strength and international reputation.
SKLBE was originally established based on two of the earliest engineering disciplines in China, antibiotic manufacturing and biochemical engineering. In recent years, with the in-depth understanding of synthetic biology, computational biology, and system biology etc., SKLBE proposed a motto to “synergize the bioreactors with novel theories and technological breakthroughs to address significant unmet needs in medicine and agriculture”, which liberates the research focuses from physical bioreactors to diverse biological systems including living cells, tissues, animals, and even humans and highlights the demand to explore multi-dimensional mechanisms within biological systems. Under the guidance of this concept, SKLBE has gathered a high-level research team and established an academic platform with advanced facilities for innovative interdisciplinary research, such as structure-based enzyme evolution, big data-mediated intelligent biomanufacturing, dynamic cellular metabolic detection, synthetic microbial cell factory, advanced biomaterials and marine microbial vaccines, etc. Prestigious research grants were awarded from different sources including 13 National Key Research and Development Programs, and etc. SKLBE was ranked excellence in the most recent National Key Laboratory Competition judged by the Ministry of Science and Technology.
SKLBE is engaged in the applied basic research of bioreactor engineering. Facing the major strategic needs of the national bio-manufacturing industry, it focuses on the key scientific issues such as the law of biosynthesis and transformation, multi-scale information of biological processes, and control of biological manufacturing systems. The four research directions are set as follows:
1) Fundamental Understanding of Efficient Large-Scale Biosynthesis and Conversion: Deciphering the cellular biosynthesis and metabolism within the bioreactor system, and elucidating the rules governing the transformation and adaptation of substance and energy information between cells and the environment.
2) Biosensing and Process Intelligent Control: Achieving real-time detection of metabolites at high spatio-temporal resolution within single cells, integrating the deep fusion of micro-scale physiological characteristics with macroscopic process properties in regulation. Realizing the efficient optimization and rational amplification of biological processes.
3) Innovation of Advanced Bioreactors: Focusing on key scientific issues related to the "structure and performance mechanisms of bioreactors" and the principles of customized design. Establishing integrated technologies for bioreactors based on disruptive precision control and process analysis.
4) Biomanufacturing and Product Engineering: Constructing a green and efficient intelligent biomanufacturing platform through integrated research and development of germplasm, processes, and equipments. Streamlining the biomanufacturing innovations throughout the entire production chains.
Currently, SKLBE consists of nearly 80 independent research groups, more than 30 postdoctoral fellows and 300 doctoral students. SKLBE is now recruiting high-level scientific and technological talents from all over the world including strategic principal investigators, outstanding young talents and postdoctoral fellows. Sincerely welcome you to join SKLBE to create a better future for bioreactor engineering.
For general inquiries or specific questions, please reach us by phone or Email (Director, Lixin Zhang, +86-13911607186, firstname.lastname@example.org) with a subject title of “Application to SKLBE”.
About the School of Resources and Environmental Engineering
Founded in 1997, the School of Resources and Environmental Engineering is composed of several prominent disciplines including Environmental Science and Engineering (originated from the research Lab on re-utilization of waste water, gas and solid in 1973), Power Engineering and Engineering Thermo-physics (originated from fuel combustion engineering in 1952), chemical process safety, etc. After more than 20 years of construction and development, a coordinated layout has been formed facilitating the development of disciplines in resources, energy, environment and process safety.
The school has four national-level research bases and eight provincial-level and ministerial-level research bases so far. In addition, the school has also two innovation teams awarded by the Ministry of Science and Technology and the Ministry of Education.
In August 2021, "ECUST School of Carbon Neutrality Future Technology " was established and affiliated with the School of Resources and Environmental Engineering. In January 2023, the Carbon Neutrality Modern Industry School led by the School of Resources and Environmental Engineering was approved as a Shanghai Key Modern Industry College.
The school has dedicated itself to the well-being of Chinese society and world development. Under the guidance of a vision towards sustainable development, circular economy and cleaner production, the school aims to improve urban environment and realize energy saving, emission reduction and efficiency enhancement of industrial enterprises.
The School of Resource and Environmental Engineering at ECUST is looking for applicants with outstanding achievements and leadership potential in the broad field of Environmental Science and Engineering, Clean Energy Engineering, Resource Recycling Engineering, and chemical process safety and risk management.
We warmly welcome the applicants from a diverse range of science and engineering disciplines and a wide range of skills. Research areas of interest include but are not limited to:
- Pollutant control and resourcing technology
- Coal to chemicals with low-emissions
- Resource utilization of solid wastes
- Air pollution chemistry and governance
- Chemical process safety and risk assessment
- Behavior and treatment of emerging pollutants
- Hydrogen Green Production and Utilization
- Carbon capture , storage and utilization
- Environmental sociology and energy economy
- Modelling, simulations and controls for environmental systems
Job Opportunities and Qualifications (For a detailed introduction to the position, please refer to https://www.nature.com/naturecareers/job/12800313/ecust-seeking-global-talents/)
The age of the Candidates
Under 50 years old
Under 42 years old
no more than 35 years old (no more than 38 years old for females)
Distinguished Associate Researcher
no more than 32 years old (no more than 35 years old for females)
no more than 35 years old
no more than 35 years old
Salary and Benefits
1. We will provide highly competitive salary of international standard and adequate funding for career development.
2. We will offer housing allowance and provide transitional apartment or government-subsidized rental housing, all fully furnished.
3. We will help solve your children’s schooling.
4. We will provide the essential office and laboratory and help you set up a research team, appointing master and doctoral supervisors, and enrolling graduate students.
1. Register and log in the recruitment system of the Personnel Office of ECUST at http://join.ecust.edu.cn, and select the corresponding post online to complete the application.
2. Send your resume to email@example.com.